How long can elk stay in a freezer?

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
I’m sorry but give me a break! I’m sorry you think you got the ole switcheroo but any meat when thawed is going to have liquid. I know I’ll get hate over this but oh well. I’ll pay you $1,000.00 to come eat off my plant floor.

Yes I know it sounds pathetic, but I’m new to elk but not hunting and meat- that package was way off from my others. Liquid don’t bother me and I love rare steaks but all you could taste was blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know it sounds pathetic, but I’m new to elk but not hunting and meat- that package was way off from my others. Liquid don’t bother me and I love rare steaks but all you could taste was blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t say it sounds pathetic. You have definite concerns and questions. I just have issues with it always being the processor’s fault. Could be a lot of different things. I used to vacuum seal all the loose meat, put it into a bag and then hang it with bone in portion of the animal. It would stay that way for weeks. Nothing wrong with it but the meat would have a different smell than the dry aged meat and was bloodier. I would check the other packages of backstrap. If it’s still a concern then you can always talk to the processor but I’m pretty sure how that conversation will go.