How light can you get a tikka?

Elite

WKR
So with hunting season coming to a end in my area I am looking to build a new rifle this winter. I am wondering how light you can get a tikka? Also looking for suggestions on other brands to look into. Hoping to get under 6lbs. Also looking at the 7 prc for the Caliber and hopefully a 20” barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshfly

WKR
A 20” barrel tikka T3X lite with a carbon stock will be under 6# naked.

Have you shot an under 6 pound 7PRC?

I haven’t and wouldn’t want to.

Tikka doesn't make a 7PRC yet, so pick one or fork out $$$ for the conversion.

But I converted a super lite to carbon barreled 20" 7PRC with a heavy scope. Still light, but manageable recoil in the right stock.

63036f47d04dac62ca96ca3724f40c5a.jpg

brockel

WKR
Talking 6lbs bare rifle? This is a 20” preferred barrel hybrid lite contour 6.5 prc with a Trijicon credo hx 4-16x50 sitting in talleys sitting in a Stockys ultra carbon verticle grip stock. Barrel rifle goes 5lbs 14oz. If you want the factory lite contour you’d be under 6lbs by a few oz. If you went Stockys ultra carbon traditional style stock you’d be almost 5.5lbs
44B57514-418B-452C-87C4-98F63C9F71A4.jpeg

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR

I have a 30-06 that is 6lbs bare and don’t find the recoil that bad shooting 180s

Althma

FNG
Stocky’s CF stock and a 16-18” lite contour will definitely get you under 6lb.

I wouldn’t want that on a 7PRC, but you do you.

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_4726.jpeg
This is a T3x 223 at 16” with stockys carbon at 21oz and plastic bolt shroud. The super lite would probably drop 2-4 more oz and milling the action, changing bolt knobs, you could drop another 5-7 oz. The fluting style on this bolt pictured only dropped 0.5 oz.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at doing basically the same thing. I'm thinking about going 18" suppressed 7PRC and trying to be around 6 pounds or less bare rifle.

sndmn11

WKR
I have one in a stockys by with 22" hardy carbon barrel and pic rail that's 5lb 12-14oz

Completely unintentional, but I bet if you switched some steel parts out for TI, dropped sling swivel studs, etc., you could get shave a few more oz off.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider

I have and I'm thankful it had a suppressor on it.
It was actually quite enjoyable.

Eh, just looked and it was right at 6.25#

I owned a 5.5# 30-06 that only shoots worth a damn with 180 grain bullets. It's a thumper but isn't unpleasant. Certainly less recoil than heavy turkey shot or slugs out of a shotgun. If it wasn't such a hassle to get the pencil thin barrel threaded for a can id still own it.

zusmc

FNG

All depends on how heavy of an optic, what kind of muzzle break, or even better - shooting with a suppressor will tame it big time. I have a .300wm and it shoots very nice.

NSI

WKR
You going to just drop a 5# 2oz Tikka and not say the setup?

Straight to jail - Imgur
Sorry :) That is NSI 2, a project we did with LRI to build a reliable stalking rifle that would spend most of its time being carried as bear protection while still being capable of taking all NA and plains game. The key to the light weight is the Wildcat stock, which was a gigantic pain in the ass to work on. Wouldn’t do again. There are 8 of these out in the wild.

-J

Bowtech55

FNG

But I converted a super lite to carbon barreled 20" 7PRC with a heavy scope. Still light, but manageable recoil in the right stock.

What height and rings do you have for that nx8?

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider

Which stock and scope is that? And do you know if there is a difference in light vs superlite Tikka actions?

Which stock and scope is that? And do you know if there is a difference in light vs superlite Tikka actions?

Stockys VG with NX8 4-32 F1 MOAR

Other than stainless vs blued, and bolt stop/face depending on cartridge I don’t think there’s any difference. Someone else that’s a Tikka expert might weigh in.

T1X and CTRs might be a little different.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think the only difference between tikka light and superlite rifles is the barrel. The superlites have fluted barrels. I have both and the actions seem to be exactly the same.