How is fierce doing?

ALslamma

FNG
Wanting to get a 7PRC and have been looking at the fierce carbon rival xp. Seen some older posts about fierce and wanted to see if they have gotten better. The place where I was looking at the rifle talked highly about it of course. Its just hard to get past the 1/2 moa guarantee.

Wanting to get a 7PRC and have been looking at the fierce carbon rival xp. Seen some older posts about fierce and wanted to see if they have gotten better. The place where I was looking at the rifle talked highly about it of course. Its just hard to get past the 1/2 moa guarantee.

I’ve had a 6.5PRC edge from cabelas for over 3 years now. No issues like some others have had. Gun shoots lights out for me.

I have one of the old Fierce Fury's but it was made in Canada not Utah. Mine has had zero issues and definitely shoots sub 1/2 MOA with the recommended round. My buddy however has one of the newer ones made in Utah. He had all of the same issues with the extractor as everyone else. He also had the bolt handle break off. He ended up taking it to a gunsmith after having Fierce repair it several times. His is a shooter but it kept breaking until his local gunsmith did some fixing of it.

I wouldn't buy another one unless the reviews start turning around.

I took a chance on a Fierce Carbon Rival in 6.8 Western and it's been pretty great. The chamber tolerance is much more to spec than my X-Bolt in 6.8, which is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

I took a chance on a Fierce Carbon Rival in 6.8 Western and it's been pretty great. The chamber tolerance is much more to spec than my X-Bolt in 6.8, which is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.
Good to hear. Looking at this set up very closely myself. Or maybe going to the rogue and paying a couple extra bucks for them to make me one in 6.8.

Good to hear. Looking at this set up very closely myself. Or maybe going to the rogue and paying a couple extra bucks for them to make me one in 6.8.
If you end up going that route (22" Carbon Rival) feel free to reach out to me. I've got a nice load worked up with the 160gr Hammer HHT @ 2,960fps at a consistent .6" group.

Back