How good is the Peax Torrid stove?

khafen74

FNG
Has anyone tried the Peax Torrid stove? How does it compare to the Seek Outside stoves? The design looks really great and easy to set up, but I'm curious to know how it actually compares to other products.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Set up is extremely easy. 1 minute to put together. A little awkward set up for the pipe but hear they all are. I’m gonna burn mine in this Sunday when I’m in a spot to do it. Seems to be really light. I have the peax tipi to run with it.

OP
khafen74

khafen74

FNG
Set up is extremely easy. 1 minute to put together. A little awkward set up for the pipe but hear they all are. I’m gonna burn mine in this Sunday when I’m in a spot to do it. Seems to be really light. I have the peax tipi to run with it.
Thanks for the info! I'd love to hear an update after the burn-in if there's anything notable. Have you also used the Seek Outside stoves? If so how does Peax compare?

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info! I'd love to hear an update after the burn-in if there's anything notable. Have you also used the Seek Outside stoves? If so how does Peax compare?
Unfortunately I don’t have that to compare it to but fwiw I was leaning towards the argali stove anyways

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
That’s how it unboxed. Very well packaged. I might toss the larger bag that this comes in if it makes more sense but I won’t mess with that until closer to 2nd rifle. The metal that forms the u shaped sides of wasn’t perfect but I’m fine with that. I don’t really want to state a strong opinion about it until after I burn it in and maybe the heat changes things.

Akken

FNG
I own the torrid and a seek XL. Assembly is amazing compared to the Seek. No shoving rod stock legs thru the body, the chimney adapter slots into the body cleanly instead of shoving crimped pipe into a hole and the hinged door alone is infinitely better than sliding the silly flat door side to side on a seek stove. It also packs up a lot cleaner than the seek. Now I'm just wondering if it will be big enough to heat my courthouse when not using for my peax tent. If I find that the torrid is enough to heat the courthouse I'm selling my seek XL.

Last edited: