How far do you drive for a diy trip

20 hours one way. Make the trip out one day early. Used to fly out years ago before it became too much of a hassle and shipping costs got outrageous for meat/skull. Now I enjoy solo trips unless my buddy goes out to chase September.

I drive about 4.5 hours. Feel for you guys that drive across the country.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

21 to western wyoming.
27 to my favorite spot in Montana
Solo. Podcasts. No caffeine.
Make a list of every blm spot you can pull off to catch some shut eye.

I am in West TN so I can get just about anywhere in NM, CO, or WY in less than 24 hours. Driving with a buddy its usually a straight through haul which sucks. I greatly prefer to drive since I know where I can get my vehicle (most rental cars don't come equipped with a winch, locker, etc.) and you can never count on a rental car being what you reserved. I would hate to plan a hunt and not even be able to access half the unit because I was stuck in a 2wd car...

Being a father of young teenage kid (who is totally opposite of me in terms of missing school. I would find reasons to skip school. He on contrary doesn't want to miss even when its online, not that I'm encouraging it), I try to stay within couple hrs drive max, mostly bout an hour and quarter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I drive from Birmingham Al to jud North dakota almost every year for 12 years. Its 26 hrs we do it 3 man per truck and drive non stop.
We bought a house up there so we fly now that we don't haul gear and its like a 5 hr travel time but i would drive it again.

The older I get the more I like to be in MY bed at night.
The past 2 years I've driven to Deming, NM and Marfa, TX.
from the E. side of Mobile Bay.
Didn't draw a tag in NM this year. I'm not devastated.

Back