How do you keep track of clothing permethrin applications?

Erict

WKR
Deer season the ticks here can be bad, spring turkey season they can be horrendous. If you treat your own clothes (or ground sheets, tent liners, etc), do you have a "system" to track when individual items were last treated with permethrin?

(It's wasteful and unnecessary to treat a pair every time I use them. I have a big jug of concentrated stuff so it's not about the cost.)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Retreat them once they stop being effective. Hard to give an answer because we don't know how you launder your hunting gear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i use SAWYER products, they clearly call out that it lasts about 6 weeks or 6 washes.
i always do a head to toe outfiits treatment a day or so before Spring Turkey Hunt, its a 7 week season and i have not had any issues or need to re-apply. but i also dont wash inbetween (except baselayer)
i will also do a complete spay/treatment right before start of Archery season. by the time 1st rifle rolls around 5/6 weeks later, ticks are not an issue here in CO.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I do a heavy application at the beginning of the season, often the day before I go on my first hunt.

It’s pretty easy for me to remember when the first time I got out for the season was, but to be fair I end up spraying at least my boots/pants/belt line each time I go out so I really don’t worry about going past the 6 weeks. I hate ticks.

Last edited:
I pick a nice warm day in the weeks before turkey season. I string up a clothesline and spray my gear. I use a lot of my gear later in the year so it gets washed at least a couple times before it gets retreated. The spray is cheap.

I usually do once before bear season and then again mid August. I haven’t pulled a tick while hunting in 3-4 years so seems to be working.

summs

Lil-Rokslider
I give most all of my clothes a good spray. and then before going afield for trout or turkey, I do a quick 5-10 sprays base of pants/socks, waist, shirt sleeves and hat.

Zdub02

WKR
I spray everytime I go turkey hunting. Mainly just a leafy suit that I throw over whatever clothes I have on. I seem to be a tick magnet so I tend to overspray and apply heavily.