How do you keep moisture out of safe??

codybrown

FNG
Question for everyone. Is this because your safes are in the garage? Or do you find humidity in the house also? I’ve had mine in the house for 20 years and never dad a problem with rust and don’t use anything. But we’re moving into a house with a shop and I want to put the safe in there.
2 of my safes are in the house, 1 is in the man cave in my pole barn. Never had an issue with rust, but I err on the side of caution. Lots of money invested and dehumidifier options are cheap.

hiker270

WKR
My safe is in the house and never had any problem with moisture. Looks like a lot of good ideas if you do have issues with moisture.

Mines in a temp controlled room with concrete floor.
Never had rust issues, but never ran without the dehumidifiers.

mavrick

FNG
Every time we buy cheap furniture I take the absorbent packs out and throw them in the safe.

MR139

FNG
Best product to absorb moisture in gun safe that’s not electronic?
A buddy of mine uses the Cabela’s safe dry. No different than what lost have mentioned here. I may run something like that and a golden rod for my new safe.

Question for everyone. Is this because your safes are in the garage? Or do you find humidity in the house also? I’ve had mine in the house for 20 years and never dad a problem with rust and don’t use anything. But we’re moving into a house with a shop and I want to put the safe in there.
Condensation can build up with temperature changes like you might have in a garage or shop unless it is climate controlled like a house.

Every time we buy cheap furniture I take the absorbent packs out and throw them in the safe.
I do the same thing! Shoes, clothing, all kinds of stuff come with a little silica packet in them. My parents save them for me too so now I have a bunch of them strewn about the inside of my safe. Probably not the best method but it works. Especially in the dry climate of the Denver area.