How do you celebrate the 4th of July?

Spent a few days in DC with my youngest, going through Smithsonian exhibits, talking her through the various memorials, and finished with Arlington this morning to visit some friends. Grilled all afternoon at a family friend’s place and watched the show. Oldest daughter was in Normandy today with a youth group and had a chance to sit with some locals, she called this afternoon to say she understands more why I make a big deal about our country. Today was one of those days that makes everything worth it, best 4th of July I could ask for.

1720148388028.jpeg

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Wife's away on work, I mostly worked on things around the house throughout the day.

This evening I broke out the camping chair, set it up overlooking the desert wash, and drank a beer while watching fireworks though my binos on a tripod while the dogs hunted for rats and lizards.

1000013369.jpg

DuckDogDr

WKR
I was supposed to be working , but fill in guy wanted my shift ALOT more than I did . I worked 98 hours last week and was thankful for the time with my girlfriend.

Spent the day grilling and in the pool. Started the process of cresting some arrows for this season. Tonight we shot fireworks , and now we’re watching Jurassic Park with all the dogs in the big chair

IMG_1096.jpeg

Resized_20240704_212631_1720148815742.jpeg

IMG_1109.jpeg

Last edited: