How do you celebrate the 4th of July?

Geewhiz

WKR
1720101999437.png

Happy America Day every one! My sincerest gratitude to all that have given so much to make this great country what it is. How do you celebrate?? Camping? hiking? spend the day at the lake? BBQ? just get together to watch the fireworks show?

Unfortunately I'll be at work today but I'm hoping you guys are expressing enough patriotism to go around! I did manage to squeeze in a sunrise flight in the cub with the wife before work. 🤘IMG_4882.jpeg

Someone please blow something up for me.

Last edited:

Wireman07

WKR
My wife and kids are heading up to my brothers lake cabin near Detroit Lakes, MN. About a 3 hour drive from Sodak. Always a great time. Don't work too hard and enjoy the 4th!!

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
Grilling chicken wings, conecuh sausage, peppers from the garden, maybe fry some okra.
Baked beans, cole slaw and fries.
Will probably pop off a few rounds at the backyard range in salute of all our freedoms!!!
Dont take them for granted.
We still live in the greatest country on the planet.

Mowed the lawn, watered plants, re-wired some outdoor lights...about ready to fire up the grill. A few NA beers and a chill afternoon waiting for it to start raining!

Not much. Bbq with some friends. Changed the brakes on my wife’s suv. Shoot my bow some. Went to a good dinner and cowboy show/concert on my birthday last night the 3rd.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I usually do an early morning workout and the start drinking. I almost always black out then wake up at like 4pm and feel like crap for the rest of the day then can’t sleep at night.

zacattack

WKR
Fireworks with the kids, neighborhood does a bicycle parade where all the kids decorate bikes and ride around the subdivision, probably eat a hotdog at some point

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
Fireworks with the kids, neighborhood does a bicycle parade where all the kids decorate bikes and ride around the subdivision, probably eat a hotdog at some point
Heard somebody call them hog dogs today. Think I like that better. haha Might adopt it.

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
Normally my dad and I blow stuff up all day. It’s supposed to be 110 degrees today though so I’m going to go to a friends house and just hang out in the AC instead.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Brisket and Ribs on the smoker. Carne Asada and Pollo on the Blackstone. Hot dogs and brats going on. Watermelon, homemade cowboy caviar, homemade guacamole, homemade ceviche, homemade salsas.

Giant inflatable water slide, slip and slide, buckets of water balloons and squirt guns, pool feels good, sprinkler under the trampoline, misters going strong on the back patio shade cover.

40+ friends and family and endless kids. It’s what life is all about! If you think 110+ degrees is going to stop us from celebrating our freedom you’re in the wrong country and state!

OP
Geewhiz

Geewhiz

WKR
Brisket and Ribs on the smoker. Carne Asada and Pollo on the Blackstone. Hot dogs and brats going on. Watermelon, homemade cowboy caviar, homemade guacamole, homemade ceviche, homemade salsas.

Giant inflatable water slide, slip and slide, buckets of water balloons and squirt guns, pool feels good, sprinkler under the trampoline, misters going strong on the back patio shade cover.

40+ friends and family and endless kids. It’s what life is all about! If you think 110+ degrees is going to stop us from celebrating our freedom you’re in the wrong country and state!
1720118453987.png

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Take the kids out of that and it sounds amazing.

I was just at a kid free all inclusive resort in Mexico and it was fantastic. If only the flights were kid free….