How do you carry your Rangefiner?

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a simple bino harness for years for whitetail hunting. Made my first western hunt last year for elk and I'm hooked. The bino harness I used worked but I like the idea of the fully enclosed harnesses.

I purchased a Mystery Ranch Quick Draw Harness, it fits great, binos are snug but I don't have a place for my rangefinder. As you can see in the pic below, I used to just attach it to my harness and it was readily available.

I bought the MR Quick Draw Range Finder Pouch but the pouch was too small for my Nikon.

So I am torn between selling the MR harness and using my old one and finding a solution for the range finder. I want it to be easily available for quick ranging

9ZCxMf2.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I keep mine in my chest shirt pocket with the lanyard around my neck. I keep a small piece of soft foam in the bottom of the pocket, so that the RF is only in the pocket 1/2 way so it comes out easily when I take it out.

Mcmahonff

FNG
I put the case that came with my range finder on the lower strap of bino harness and then girth hitch the tether around the upper strap so I can let it go and dangle if there is no time to put it back in the case.

Mt Al

WKR
I keep mine in my chest shirt pocket with the lanyard around my neck. I keep a small piece of soft foam in the bottom of the pocket, so that the RF is only in the pocket 1/2 way so it comes out easily when I take it out.

Same but without the foam. Works fine but one of my next upgrades on my never ending list is bino/rangefinder in one.

packer58

WKR
My Sig 2000 rides in the front pouch of my AGC, fits perfectly and during a stalk i leave the pouch unzipped for easy access and have not had it fall out yet. The AGC has a built in stretchy lanyard that attaches to the RF so i guess you could just let it hang during the shot.

I made a Leather Pouch that, slides onto the Left supporting Strap of my Fanny Pack and positioned where a shirt pocket might be for, a Lefty. Practically NO movement of my Arm to reach up and put Finder to my left eye. My Sig Kilo 1250, 7X , sits only 1/4 of the way into the fleece lined, leather Pouch and is kept safe by using a small Bungie Cord, clipped to RF and a Tie Ring on the Packs, strap. I also made an Elastic Band that fits around the RF and rivoted to the leather holders back part, to help keep movement to a minimum, while IN the "holster" . Never falls out and EZ to use. Being retired,.. I had the time to make it.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I run Sitka's bino bivy I really like there's for the low profile ness of it and I love the magnet's on the top and bottom of them. I there is not a great spot to put your rangefinder in them cause of how slim they are but I use the original case for my lecia rangemaster and use the tether on the bottom strap and run it threw and let it hang to the side of it. It works and have used it that way for a few years I have tried a couple other bino bivy's but they just get bulky and I like the slimmer feel of Sitka's.