How do you all carry your gun with the pack on your backs?

Mtnboy

WKR
Another vote for the Stone Glacier weapon sling. I used it the last 2 years and will most likely just ditch my traditional sling all together going forward.

archangel

FNG
Does anyone have any recommendations for heavier rifles, such as a DTA SRS? I'm using a Kuiu Ultra pack, and I love it, just wish I could carry the rifle on the pack somehow.

Does anyone have any recommendations for heavier rifles, such as a DTA SRS? I'm using a Kuiu Ultra pack, and I love it, just wish I could carry the rifle on the pack somehow.

I carried my Rem 700 5R Milspec on a B&C Medalist stock with bipod in front carry with the Kifaru gun bearer and it worked quite well. You could also run it in rear carry if you wanted; I just wasn't going very far.

I did have to cinch the belt down pretty tight because nothing is designed to have that much weight directly on the belt.

Ijk-Y_228nhK1ckDXCi3vgxhgTyDvyq2kqMSw58AT6nC8jliNnI_CjM6X2zRNIj_5o1Z1OpK6tl7KdxWNWCEEw2DEebF6WAF5FidDTKF1YwIFItMne328tLL4jFRO8TzP5YoEWg=w548-h974-no

Brasco20

FNG
I carry a custom 7mm mag in my gun bearer. #6 bull barrel, manners t2a stock. Gun weighs about 15 pounds. I like the gun bearer better than having the gun strapped to the back of the pack. The weight doesn't pull back on you, but the one shoulder does ache a bit after a long hike. It's also way better for going under downed trees. Don't have to duck nearly as much.

kaboku68

WKR
I use those flexible gear up4877.jpg tieups and tie the rifle to the side of my pack. Generally I can alternate sides but I try to attach the rifle so it doesn't shift and won't get knocked about in back stuff.

The weapon sling on the SG packs works rather well. I also like the fact that you can release your gun and have it ready in a matter of a couple seconds.

yhc

WKR
Kifaru Gun Bearer for me. It works quite well except you need to adjust it correctly so the barrel tip doesn't smack your face. Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

Regards,

OP
N
Hello and thanks all for helping me.
Well, so far I have tested out some options, so far I am using a butt holder from SG and just stop the muzzle to my pack, works good. Maybe a bit slow, so I will look into ordering a gun carrier from SG, as it looks good.