How are guys finding ammo?

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Shipping is crazy, I sold a box of 22-250 to a guy on here who had reached out when he saw I was selling my rifle. I just wanted what I paid for it, which was $21 or something, I figured $30 TYD was fair thinking shipping wouldn’t be bad for a small box of ammo weighing less than a pound. I ended up paying $27 in shipping- I made the deal with the guy so I just sucked it up, but what a load of crap from UPS

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve signed up for a bunch of websites’ “notify my when back in stock” alerts. I’ll maybe check around a few local stores to see who gets shipments for the Hornady bullets. The PH seems pretty rare around here...

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Post a picture of exactly what you are looking for. My wife is going to Scheels because her coffee is in stock this morning. I will have her check. You would need to pay shipping, but might be an option.

Hornady Precision Hunter 7mm RM, 162gr ELDX
Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5CM, 143gr ELDX

it sounds like shipping is the long pole in the tent, so probably not cost effective to buy and ship. Not sure, never tried. Regardless, I appreciate the offer. I’m seriously thinking of just applying for archery tags this year and not even bothering with practicing with my rifle or applying for tags. Pretty sad that it’s come to that. Runs on 9mm, 308, 5.56 - sure, I get that. But really, 7mm hunting bullets? Never thought it would be this bad.

I’ve been having decent luck with AmmoSeek. I probably check it 20 times a day. The decent ammo at decent prices don’t last long.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Runs on 9mm, 308, 5.56 - sure, I get that. But really, 7mm hunting bullets? Never thought it would be this bad.
If the manufacturers are back-ordered for 1+ years out as they've said they are, then every cartridge size will take the hit as well. I'm sure they don't have separate production lines for every cartridge, and they most likely have to do changeovers to the lines every time they switch cartridges. Which could mean that they don't get back to a cartridge for weeks while going through their production processes.

Fatcamp

WKR
Hornady Precision Hunter 7mm RM, 162gr ELDX
Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5CM, 143gr ELDX

it sounds like shipping is the long pole in the tent, so probably not cost effective to buy and ship. Not sure, never tried. Regardless, I appreciate the offer. I’m seriously thinking of just applying for archery tags this year and not even bothering with practicing with my rifle or applying for tags. Pretty sad that it’s come to that. Runs on 9mm, 308, 5.56 - sure, I get that. But really, 7mm hunting bullets? Never thought it would be this bad.

I've used the same box of ammo the last three seasons. Practice with cheap reloads. You only need a couple bullets to hunt.

You can do both! 😀

Fatcamp

WKR
No ammo on shelves, take a number to buy guns at local big retailer.
I go to my gun club and nobody is there?

Do these guys just sit on their stash🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes. Most people are afraid to shoot their guns. Especially in front of other people.

Opah

WKR
We Buy where ever we go its a family and friend, someone's going to Los Vegas buy what ever you can get, someone going to New Mexico buy what ever you can get.
And like everyone else keep track of when ammo hits the shops and be ready to stand in line

No ammo on shelves, take a number to buy guns at local big retailer.
I go to my gun club and nobody is there?

Do these guys just sit on their stash🤷🏻‍♂️
A lot is ending up on gunbroker. 6.5 PRC is consistently selling for 150-200 dollars a box. Other calibers aren’t far from that.

ODB

WKR
i find ammo by going down to my garage and just grabbing a box from the stash I have saved up while no one worried about ammo.. once this fracas ends I suggest you do the same... never leave an outdoor store without at least ONE box of ammo.

*zap*

WKR
I think shipping cost depends on destination, I have shipped 4-6 boxes of rifle ammo and it was never over $15.

I think that the situation is going to get worse as the months go by so that is something to consider when your planning your course of action.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think shipping cost depends on destination, I have shipped 4-6 boxes of rifle ammo and it was never over $15.
Destination matters, but those 25 rounds I wanted to ship was to Missouri from CO for $18 via UPS. That's ridiculous. It wasn't that long ago when I shipped a 35lb box to CA for only $15.