Hotel Near Grand Junction. Large Truck/Trailer. Help.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near Grand Junction CO? I have a 5500 pickup with a 12 foot CM bed hailing a 48 foot trailer. The rig is basically as long as a full 52’ semi truck and trailer.

I’m looking for a good/safe hotel with maybe a large back parking lot? I can always park the rig and walk a bit if needed. Gonna sleep for about 6 hours and then get back on the road to Wyoming. Issue is I’ll have 3 rifles, 2 pistols, and a whole bunch of expensive work equipment/tools in the truck.

Thanks!

svivian

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near Grand Junction CO? I have a 5500 pickup with a 12 foot CM bed hailing a 48 foot trailer. The rig is basically as long as a full 52’ semi truck and trailer.

I’m looking for a good/safe hotel with maybe a large back parking lot? I can always park the rig and walk a bit if needed. Gonna sleep for about 6 hours and then get back on the road to Wyoming. Issue is I’ll have 3 rifles, 2 pistols, and a whole bunch of expensive work equipment/tools in the truck.

Thanks!
Stay away from the horizon drive area, would be a nightmare. Look at 24RD hotels as access to the interstate would be easy and bigger areas to pull a rig into. Clifton is a no go IMO. If you are in a real pinch I bet something could get figured out.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Stay away from the horizon drive area, would be a nightmare. Look at 24RD hotels as access to the interstate would be easy and bigger areas to pull a rig into. Clifton is a no go IMO. If you are in a real pinch I bet something could get figured out.
Thanks. Might just rough it and grab a 2-3 hour nap in the driver seat at a truck stop and get back on the road. It’s only 19 hours total driving so not too bad.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
How tall are you?

In those situations I nap in the truck.

19 hours? I'd just drive it straight, but getting to a point that's harder to do than it use to be.
I used to do that length of time straight through no issues. These days after about 14 hours I’m ready for a break, especially when I’m rolling with a long rig at 45,000 lbs, takes a bit more out of you than just a normal pickup ride.

Im 6’2” so sleeping in the truck isn’t ideal but it works for a couple hours.

svivian

WKR
You never know these days if, as an example, “welcome center park” is a hub for meth and fentanyl heads or whatever.

Obviously that’s a bit paranoid, but local knowledge of specific areas really does help!
Not that park. That’s in Clifton and on north avenue 🤣. Plus just ask for a window facing your rig. I’ve seen your shooting with a rifle…. 👀

We stay at the Rifle/Silt Holiday Inn Expresss. Not Grand Junction but close. Plenty of room for large trailers and we have never had any issues with an open utility trailer with ATVs and Coolers and all kinds of other stuff.

def90

WKR
This might be your best choice. Truck stop across the street with good parking. Right on the interstate
View attachment 731622

I’ve stayed there before, perfectly fine and Starvin Arvin is across the street. :D

As for meth heads and the park, Grand Junction is Mayberry compared to other places around the country. People from Colorado seem to have an odd sense for what a “bad” place is. I’ve been to places in the Denver area that are perfectly safe but the locals will tell you it’s meth head and gang land you’d be crazy just to drive through.