Hot weather pants - OR Ferrosi vs FL Trace vs Kuiu Tiburon

Hondo

WKR
I like the OR Ferrosi, Sitka Ascent and Kuiu Kutana Pants for hot weather. Lots of good sun hoodies out there. I like the OR Astroman and Echo hoodies along with the Sitka Core LW, Duck Camp LW, Simns Solarflex and Orvis Pro hoodies.

Bghuntersw

Lil-Rokslider
I have worn all 3 and find myself gravitating towards the OR Ferrosi. I think they breathe the best, making them the best for hot weather. They have have been extremely durable, more so than the Tiburon. I also like the interior drawstring on the newest version. Not to mention you could usually find the Ferrosi on sale closer to $60.

I'm still on the search for the perfect sun hoody, that is breathable and light. I seem to always still get hot in them.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am looking for pants for very hot hiking temps - 80-100F. Hunting durability not the prime consideration as more for summer backpacking. My go to is the OR Ferrosi pants, but I am wondering if the new perforated options from FL and Kuiu are remarkably better. Both add hip vents which helps, but is the material actually much better? Doing a Grand Canyon R2R2R backpacking trip in June which might be stupid heat wise, then Virginia in July. And just general backpacking in Colorado all summer can be hot. Really just interested if folks have direct comparison to the Ferrosi - is it worth spending money or is the performance pretty similar in the real world? Going to be hot no matter what...

Men's SolAir Lightweight Pants

LostArra

WKR
Hiking Grand Canyon in June??
Pants would not be my main concern especially if this is a rim to rim hike.
GC in summer can be deadly at worst and just "not fun" at best.
Plan carefully and conservatively.

Sorry for the interruption. Old boomer (with GC experience) signing off.