Hot tents

Lowg08

WKR
How many of you use a hot tent. Also how are they in comparison to a wall tent. Are they close on function and dependability or are they far apart in comparison

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wall tents are like a palace, but hot tents are WAY more portable. Wall tents are for truck camping, hot tents you can take everywhere with you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m already buying a wall tent. I was thinking of buying one for late deer season here in December but also for taking elk hunting in Colorado for like a spike camp. Wall tent for base hot tent for spike camp. Just a thought

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Wall tents are like a palace, but hot tents are WAY more portable. Wall tents are for truck camping, hot tents you can take everywhere with you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This.

Big variety of weights, space/height in hot tents, but they're just awesome. A lot to be said for coming "home," getting a fire going in the stove, and drying out all your gear after a long day. I honestly feel like I'm getting away with something when it's 0F outside and I'm sitting by the stove in a t-shirt. Wall tents are so much more livable, but a hot tent in the backcountry is a big boost when the weather is lousy or your gear is wet. As long as you have a good fuel supply.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
We had a wall tent but were limited to truck camping. They are very nice but not practical for hiking in. Sold it and now have hot tent. Love it

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
How large of a hot tent would I need for. 4 people with room for the stove

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I have six man and three guys w gear and stove is about all it will hold. For 4, I would go 8 man or larger

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I have Seek Outside. Personally never owned another brand but buddy has Kifaru and its a great tent as well.

Don't go elk hunting without mine 2 guys can easily pack a tent and stove. Nothing like firing up the stove in the morning and at night.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m beginning to really like the sound of it. I have been looking at seek outside already