hot tent stove pipe question

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I got my stove when I bought the sawtooth 10 years ago and as my kids get bigger I decided to go with the seek outside 8 person tipi. The stove pipe does clear the top but I'm curious how much clearance is really needed out of the top of the tent. I assume the concern are the embers that come out the top and wanting them away from the tarp...
Any input would be great

NealS02

FNG
I have the Seek Outside Cimarron and they will try to convince you go with something smaller, but I agree with the other posts to upsize. I added on an additional 1.5 feet to their recommend size (6 feet I think) and am glad I did.

Not trying to hijack, but I have the same issue and thinking about an easy solution.
I’ve had a Redcliff for several years and use it with a 9’ long stove pipe. I just recently purchased a used 12 man tipi, and they recommend 10.5’ for the pipe.

I have a section of stove pipe that’s too short for any of my shelters, so would it make sense to cut a 1.5’ long piece and just hose clamp it to my 9’ pipe when using the 12 man? I think it should work and saves me the trouble of buying another pipe just for 1.5’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Seek Outside Cimarron and they will try to convince you go with something smaller, but I agree with the other posts to upsize. I added on an additional 1.5 feet to their recommend size (6 feet I think) and am glad I did.
This may sound ridiculous but what did you do to add the additional 1.5? Can you buy that type of metal from a hardware store? I'd like to add more clearance but don't want to buy an additional pipe. I'm a cheap sucker ha

This may sound ridiculous but what did you do to add the additional 1.5? Can you buy that type of metal from a hardware store? I'd like to add more clearance but don't want to buy an additional pipe. I'm a cheap sucker ha

I’ll have some extra leftover if I end up cutting a section and hose clamping it. If you don’t need that much and this whole clamping a section works for me, I’ll message you and I can give you a section of my leftover pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NealS02

FNG
I bought it from Seek Outside at the extended size originally. No modifications on my part.