Horseback Pack Saw?

WyoHuntr

FNG
What saws are you guys packing for clearing trail??? (Or mostly for when a damn tree drops across a previously open path). It's about time to start making my way into some new trails.
1000010779.jpg

mntnguide

WKR
Silky Katanaboy is about as good as it gets if you're willing to spend the money. Cut damn near as good as a 2 man cross cut... otherwise just a saddle saw that cuts on the pull work pretty good. I had heard plenty of hype around the Katanaboy and now that I have one.. they are worth their weight in gold in the backcountry.... but all that being said, electric chainsaws really work great too

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Silky Katanaboy 500 is what we use when in wilderness areas. I keep in under the backseat of my truck the rest of the year and no longer even carry a chain saw. It's pretty impressive what they'll cut through.

nickstone

WKR
OP
WyoHuntr

WyoHuntr

FNG
Chainsaws are a no-go during the season. (Not allowed in some of the areas I hunt). I'd certainly sneak in my electric before season. But looking for something slimmer to throw in the pack.

Weldor

WKR
What about one of these. pretty small and quiet.

Attachments

• chainsaw.jpeg
    chainsaw.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 9
I have a silky katanaboy 500. Haven’t found a great way to pack it since the handle is a little thick high under the stirrup fender. Silky big boy fits in a cantle bag better but doesn’t compare at all on 8-10” plus trees

Haulin'Ass Backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Silky Katanaboy is about as good as it gets if you're willing to spend the money. Cut damn near as good as a 2 man cross cut... otherwise just a saddle saw that cuts on the pull work pretty good. I had heard plenty of hype around the Katanaboy and now that I have one.. they are worth their weight in gold in the backcountry.... but all that being said, electric chainsaws really work great too

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
I second this. The Silky Katanaboy is an awesome saw and well worth the investment if you are able to get one.