Hornady Boredriver ELD-X

elkivory

FNG
I know this probably belongs in the muzzleloader forum, but I put it here in hopes somebody with Hornady or influence with Hornady would see it. This bullet was announced back in October 2022, and still is unavailable on the market. People are gearing up for Muzzleloader Elk hunts now and it would be great if this bullet was out there as an option. My son and I both have muzzleloader tags in Colorado and would love to try this bullet. Hornady produced a great video pimping this bullet, but you still cannot buy it. Come on Hornady!!!

OP
E

elkivory

FNG
I didn't like the ELD-X as a rifle bullet. Lots of good options in ML bullets for CO.
I have researched bullet options for Colorado for the last couple of months and if I don't get to try the boredriver eld-x , I will use the Federal Borloc 350 grains. I have just over 2 packages of them I bought before they became hard to get. I have plenty of BH 209 and magnum primers, but would still like to try the new bullet. I normally hunt either rifle or archery, but have hunted muzzleloader a couple of times. Never killed anything with muzzleloader, but an opportunity came up to hunt private land with alfalfa fields. Pretty sure shots could be longer and this bullet looks like it would be good at longer range.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
About every store I have been in the last year or so in AZ has them on the shelf. Not really a hot commodity here. I have bought a few just in case I drew a CO muzzy hunt

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
theres a thread here with a little info