Hooded grid fleece

eoperator

WKR
Ya, it's definitively much thicker and heavier than most of the hoodies mentioned in this thread. I really like it for still hunting and as an outer layer when winter hiking/snowshoeing. Not really a backpacking piece but I still prefer it over my Klamath for most situations.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Does the high e hood bother you? The pics make it look like the hood "flaps" would bother me.

twall13

WKR
Does the high e hood bother you? The pics make it look like the hood "flaps" would bother me.
They don't bother me but I guess it's a personal preference and it could be different for you. Here's a picture with the hood zipped up but not on. And another with it on. The last one might be what you were referring to but it doesn't bother me unzipped, on or off my head. I actually think the "flaps" lay on your shoulders quite well when not using the hood at all. I'm happy to take more photos in different positions if it's helpful but I'm out of town for a few days so it would have to be next week sometime.
5b9d2b51b73173818ef9410696c3994f.jpg
fb658157b3ec3499ca38780d814998eb.jpg
d5929315436180929d743f5be1898eb8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jd1006

WKR
The hood on the High E has never bothered me either. It lays pretty flat. Only place it doesn’t work well is packed...just too bulky. I have an SG Helio hoody ordered, so I’ll report back on that.

I have a grid fleece with a similar hood and it absolutely bugs me with the hood up but not fully zipped. Getting slapped in the face repeatedly is not enjoyable.

feanor

WKR
There’s a company called Freeride Systems out of Leadville CO that has a nice grid fleece. Made in USA. I have their grid fleece hoody( old style). They also make technical jackets too.

mholman

FNG
I am a big fan of the high-e voormi hoody too and especially love how tough it is for a wool layer. They have several lighter pieces that use the same surface hardened wool tech that I am looking to add to my collection but as another person posted Unkillable!