Honest Initial Review of 2 Puffys: SG Grumman vs Rab Electron

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I am 5,8/170 pounds with an athletic build. Chest measures 38 and waist is 31. For the Electron Pro would you recommend sizing up? I normally wear a medium. Thanks
It’s not really sizing up it’s just that Rab is a european company and their sizing is different. You go by the sizing chart on their website. A medium in Rab is like a small in US.

I am 5,8/170 pounds with an athletic build. Chest measures 38 and waist is 31. For the Electron Pro would you recommend sizing up? I normally wear a medium. Thanks
I believe I have a large. I’m 5,8/175 with a 42 chest. Large is money. I usually rock a 145 weight base layer and a typical hoody (Sitka heavyweight or Kuiu Peleton 240). The large has enough room for layering. Long tail which is nice. Hood is big but tightens down. It’s warm for sure. Love it. I’m actually wanting to buy another one in the dark green but can’t find it.

I believe I have a large. I’m 5,8/175 with a 42 chest. Large is money. I usually rock a 145 weight base layer and a typical hoody (Sitka heavyweight or Kuiu Peleton 240). The large has enough room for layering. Long tail which is nice. Hood is big but tightens down. It’s warm for sure. Love it. I’m actually wanting to buy another one in the dark green but can’t find it.
Rick,

I just received mine yesterday in size LG as well. The fit is pretty much perfect.

Great review. I have had similar thoughts and own a SG Grumman. The stitching came undone on my first one so they sent me a replacement. It’s still in the box. I also have a RAB Neutrino Pro twice the weight but I think better built and warmer. I also agree I think SG customer service is top notch and love most of the stuff they have out just the Grumman may need a bit more refining

I have the Rab Electron Pro and Montane AntiFreeze XT. Yes they are slightly heavier than the Grumman but IMO, much warmer. Couldn’t be happier with them both of them.