Honda Generator Sale?

treillw

WKR
Any good soucres for a honda eu2200i companion generator?

Thanks!

Dented

WKR
I've picked up a couple at Northern Tool. I waited for a sale, a couple hundred off but it was a looooong wait. They don't go on sale often.

I've also used this place:

With good results.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Own 3. If you know anything about generators and haven’t heard of a Honda 2200-not much I can help you with.

keller

WKR
I have owned a yamaha 2000 and a champion 2000. The yamaha burned alot of oil and would shut down from low oil sensor. I would buy another champion. Ran it next to a Honda and noise was very close. For about 1/4 the price. Efficiency about the same.

Dented

WKR
Honda eu2200 gold standard? Never heard of it. have any personal experience
You're starting to smell like a troll to me. 101 messages, you reply about refrigerators. Never heard of the gold standard for the topic at hand.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm willing to accept that. And I'll apologize on this very thread of that's the case.

So. WTF are you talking about, and what do you have to back up your claims?

The only Thermocool generators I've found are for sale in Nigeria. Your profile lists that you reside in Illinois.

*zap*

WKR
Covers everything but a lost generator. Run it over with a track hoe and bring it back-get a new one.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're starting to smell like a troll to me. 101 messages, you reply about refrigerators. Never heard of the gold standard for the topic at hand.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm willing to accept that. And I'll apologize on this very thread of that's the case.

So. WTF are you talking about, and what do you have to back up your claims?

The only Thermocool generators I've found are for sale in Nigeria. Your profile lists that you reside in Illinois.
Man I was thinking the same thing-I looked and found Nigeria as well.

I second the Harbor Freight suggestion. A little louder but generally more power in the same class.

I've had predators, champions, Furman's, Westinghouse, Hondas and Onan. All ran fine with minimal maintenance. Not sure that Honda is worth the coin as I've never had issues with others. Friends have Yamahas, those seem good too.

And I would say onboard Onan are the gold standard above Hondas.

I have three Hondas, 1000, 2200 and the 3000. Last fall I picked up a Predator 3500W inverter someone returned. It looked Iike new. The price was under $400 out the door, without the extended warranty. I was impressed. It ran my toy hauler's ac, no problem. There's a guy out of AZ that sells a remote start and stop kit for it. I bought one and installed it. Not too difficult. That made it very convenient. There are videos on YouTube that show you how to do it from parts off of ebay but the kit is very well thought out so that's why I used it. The predator is very quiet similar to the Honda. I've only used it for this past hunting season so can't speak to longevity. I still have the Hondas but keep those for the home incase of outages. Here is the link to the remote kit.

Hope this helps.