Honda Parallel Generator Operation Help

Hunter24

FNG
Wondering is anyone is smart on running Honda 2200s with the parallel kit that could help me out.

I want to buy a second 2200 to parallel with one I already own that is not the companion model.

Is the companion necessary to parallel, considering it’s a couple hundred more?

Can I buy another regular 2200 and use a parallel kit that has the 30 amp plug on the kit? Does that actually provide 30 amp?

I want it primarily for my camper and eventually to connect to a whole house transfer switch, not running 240v.

Maybe I should quit being cheap and just buy the companion lol.

Thanks in advance

OP
H

Hunter24

FNG
I probably would if I had to do it all over again but I already have one Honda so planning on staying the course

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what the parallel kit includes but you can sinc different size and make Gen sets. Basically all you are doing is getting both to run at the same rpm otherwise the faster one will try to drive the other.

Mattys010

FNG
Buy the 3500 predator. The Hondas in parallel will put out 120v with one hot leg. the wattage is doubled not the voltage hence parallel. Transfer switch will have 2 hots for 240v. I looked into this too but am not an electrician.

pirogue

WKR
Like you said, don’t be cheap and get the Companion. You must not have much of a camper, or you’d need the 30 amp plug anyway. I bought the companion first, then the regular, and the parallel kit, to be able to run the AC in summer, but not have to lug around more than I needed, in cooler weather.

mattm94

FNG
What he said. Get the companion and ask your dealer to include the parallel kit. It’s literally 3 wires.

wyosteve

WKR
You don't have to get the Companion, but the benefit is it has the 30 amp. rv style plug. I have the 2000 and 2000 Companion w/ parallel kit.