Homemade Bow Press

Saw one on archerytalk that was made out of a pipe clamp. Looked pretty easy to build and use. The clamp would be pressing the bow by the limb tips. Anyone made or used one like this? Is this safe for your bow?

The slimline would be a better press if your going to build one. Make it more like the zpress. I agree with the above mentioned access to the string. That would definitely be a hinderance on doing your own bow work.

OP
Moose Drool
Good point, it would be a pain trying to thread that string through the holes in the wood.

OP
Moose Drool
Don't have a jack, I was looking at doing one for cheap, and I think I can do the pipe clamp one for about $20.

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
you can buy the split limb adapters from Bowmaster for $15. Then just get a turnbuckle, quick links, and some chain or swaged cable from the hardware store. works great and cheap.

NWHunter

FNG
I'm all for building my own stuff but why not just buy a bowmaster? You can pick one up for around $40. They are compact and work great. I've tore my bow clear down and swapped limbs with it. Plus it's small enough you can have it in the truck in case of an emergency.