Holy cow! Another tuning question!

wyosam

WKR
Ok, I just need to double check my thought process.
Darton Sequel 33- shoots very well, but as it came tuned from the shop, the rest is quite a way left of center shot, and sight is maxed to the left for pins to be on. Looking at the cams, they are left of center between the limbs. Moving shims to move cams right will improve all of the above, correct? Would line to get things centered a bit before I spend too much time fine tuning. It shoots well, but I also haven’t put a broad head through it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much is "quite a way left" of centershot? What's the actual distance from the inside of the riser to the centerline of your arrow?

OP
W

wyosam

WKR
How much is "quite a way left" of centershot? What's the actual distance from the inside of the riser to the centerline of your arrow?

Between 15/16 and 1”
Now looking closer at it, and seeing what Darton’s tech sheet says about baseline shim positions, I think it was assembled with the wrong shims on the wrong side.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Your thinking is correct. If the shop had to move the rest way left to get a good paper tear, then they were seeing a nock right tear. You move the rest left or the cams right for a nock right tear.

If one is available, I'd be shopping for another shop to do your bow work.
First, a shop tech's form is very likely going to be different from yours. Your bow is tuned to the Tech, not you.
Second, it isn't good tech work to move the rest way out of center shot to fix a paper tear, a good tech would've shimmed the cams.

OP
W

wyosam

WKR
Your thinking is correct. If the shop had to move the rest way left to get a good paper tear, then they were seeing a nock right tear. You move the rest left or the cams right for a nock right tear.

If one is available, I'd be shopping for another shop to do your bow work.
First, a shop tech's form is very likely going to be different from yours. Your bow is tuned to the Tech, not you.
Second, it isn't good tech work to move the rest way out of center shot to fix a paper tear, a good tech would've shimmed the cams.

Kind of my thoughts as well, and I had moved the rest back in the slightest bit with walkback tuning to my form. I’ve been dabbling in archery a little for a while, have decided I want to take it a little more seriously. So I’ll do what I do with rifle stuff and everything else and do it myself. Moved the shims with the result I wanted with a portable press, will probably add a shop press to the man cave this winter.