holster

looking for a new holster, the one ive been using is on its last legs but it never really did work all that great. preferrably one that i can use on the waistbelt of my pack. could also use one for the wife. would like something my 4" 629, compact hk usp an the wifes 4" 329. what are you guys using with good results?

JG358

WKR
I use a Blackhawk Serpa mounted on a strike platform(hooks into pals webbing). Can also get them with belt loops that you could run the hip belt webbing through on most packs.

bowinhand

WKR
surly someone will answer this question but in the mean time...What the h&LL do you need a side arm for in WA?

A friend of mine had three wolves running into the wind come into 10 yards before they quartered off. This was two months ago. In that scenario you definitely want more than pepper spray. Yeah the spray will keep you safe but it won't change the population count. This was in Montana but they're coming to a WA forest near you.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
A friend of mine had three wolves running into the wind come into 10 yards before they quartered off. This was two months ago. In that scenario you definitely want more than pepper spray. Yeah the spray will keep you safe but it won't change the population count. This was in Montana but they're coming to a WA forest near you.

Already here...

dotman

WKR
I had the hardest time finding one so I had a custom one made for my Taurus 44mag ultralite. I'll post up a pic when it shows up this week but for those of you that are familiar with the custom bino cases it shouldn't be hard to tell who made it :) cost was more then I wanted to spend but it looks like this was a great idea based on the pics I received :)

OP
fillthefreezer
surly someone will answer this question but in the mean time...What the h&LL do you need a side arm for in WA?
some of the jungles i hunt on the west side for bear and blacktail i just leave the rifle at home with max sight less than 30yds.

but ya, i always carry. just depends whether it be .380, .40, or .44

OP
fillthefreezer
I use a Blackhawk Serpa mounted on a strike platform(hooks into pals webbing). Can also get them with belt loops that you could run the hip belt webbing through on most packs.

what type of piece? would love a serpa rig but have a hard time finding them for my application

JG358

WKR
what type of piece? would love a serpa rig but have a hard time finding them for my application

Usually my sig 220.

I know they make one for the HK and I'm pretty sure I've seen them for the S&Ws. Might have to buy it as a paddle holster and get the belt loop adaptor seperately.

Last edited:
I just got the safariland. I think it is model 568 for my S & W 329PD. Works amazing, comes with paddle that I hear may work with the kifaru belt, and it has an attachment for a belt. Works great, customize the pressure to remove, looks awesome, very good on the finish.

Joe

BuckSnort

WKR
Not sure if they make them for you're specific model of gun(s) but I have always liked the Bianchi Accumold (with thumb quick release) for my sidearms....

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
looking for a new holster, the one ive been using is on its last legs but it never really did work all that great. preferrably one that i can use on the waistbelt of my pack. could also use one for the wife. would like something my 4" 629, compact hk usp an the wifes 4" 329. what are you guys using with good results?

Check out nimrod.com they'll have the pack holster your looking for

JG358

WKR
Not sure if they make them for you're specific model of gun(s) but I have always liked the Bianchi Accumold (with thumb quick release) for my sidearms....

I ran Bianchi's until my USP 45 came out of holster with the thumb snap still snapped. Not sure if it's a common problem or not but it was a deal breaker for me.

OR Archer

WKR
I just use a Serpa with my Glock 23. I have it mounted on my packs waist belt. I don't carry for the four legged animals. Its the two legged pot growers and meth cookers I'm worried about and there's no shortage of them in this state.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I use a hillpeoplegear kit bag. Chest carry with room for gps and camera. Pistol draws extremely fast, and stays on me even when the pack does not.

It's good for different handguns too. I use it to carry my glock and the smith 327pd.

OP
fillthefreezer
I use a hillpeoplegear kit bag. Chest carry with room for gps and camera. Pistol draws extremely fast, and stays on me even when the pack does not.

It's good for different handguns too. I use it to carry my glock and the smith 327pd.
i looked at those just looks really hot to me. one less area for a breeze and would be a pain when changing layers