Hiking boots

Staywild

FNG
What is the best boot for out west backcountry hunting. Looking for something lightweight and waterproof? Thank you in advance

SloppyJ

WKR
Oh lord. There is no right answer. You need to go find the boot that fits you the best. Doing research will leave you dizzy. I ended up with some Zamberlin Tofanes but that's not what you're looking for.

Do some research to get an idea of what good brands or models are and then go try them on. That's the only answer.

CC55

FNG
You’ll get answers from ranging from trail runners to ultra stiff/full shank boots. It depends on a ton of factors for what people prefer: lower leg and foot mobility, strength, conditioning, foot shape/volume, training time in boots with pack, terrain, etc.

Would second SloppyJ and recommend trying on a ton of boots if possible to get a feel for what you like. The Exo guys had a good podcast on what to look for in a boot I’d check out too. Gohunt has some good stiffness classifications as well to get a better feel for what to look for as well as a few podcasts on it.

What are you wearing now?

Have you ever worn rubber hiking boots? They are great and comfortable. Better than the normal leather ones I own before. Rubber boots are lightweight and waterproof, they are what you need.