Highly don't recommend

Had Navy docs remove mine when I was in the MC. They burned the hell out of the inside of my mouth (tongue, cheeks, etc), think they used a soldering iron. The good: I got two weeks convalescence leave. The bad: it hurt like hell for about a week.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Freekin’ uncomfortable as an adult for sure!

If you’re taking prescription pain killers….stool softeners are your friend. Hydrate!

bis534

FNG
Got mine out at around 5-6 years old and was in the hospital for three days. They put me to sleep with Colorform on a strainer with a rag covering it. They would tell you to count backwards from 10 to 1. - goes to say how long ago that was. And yes lots of Ice Cream!

Acharenio

FNG
Getting your tonsils out as an adult, holy shit. Ended up back in the OR before I was extubated because I was bleeding like a champ. Now my throat is black a hurts.

Thanks for the recommendations on food earlier it is definitely appreciated.
i had it done when i was 22 and after a week i started bleeding and had to go to the er also, really sucks i feel for you.

Fatcamp

WKR
😆

I had a peritonsillar abscess a couple years ago and they told me if it happened again I would have to get mine removed.

Now a sore throat freaks me out. Covid for Christmas this year and needed pain meds and steroids, but avoided the conversation for now. Probably just a matter of time.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
Got mine out at 22-23, started bleeding after recovery deep in my throat had to be rushed back for another surgery…. It suck.

Also a 5yr old in a bed next to me got his yanked out and almost went home gtg same day