Hi Mountain Snack Stick

Ramem7mm

Lil-Rokslider
I made a batch of venison snack sticks using the premade seasoning packets from the brand Hi Mountain a few moths ago and smoked the links and put them in the freezer. I usually take one out of the freezer in the morning and have it for s snack during the day.

I am thinking of taking some of the snack sticks on back country hunts this year and curious if anyone has had these snack sticks last for several days. I only used 1 of the 2 cure packets when I made them.

Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

BBob

WKR
I’d be leery of them if you didn’t add the full recommended amount of cure. I do take my own snack sticks on pack hunts. I cut the sticks short to about 4” and vac bag them 10 to a bag. For a week hunt I’ll take 2 vac bags. I usually have more I leave in the cooler at the truck for re-supply.

SloppyJ

WKR
If you used the correct amount of cure, I wouldn't have an issue with it. I normally put up large bags of jerky every year. Vac pack and freeze. During the rest of the year I'll pull out a bag and munch on it or share at work for a week or so. No issues at all.