Bag for Tethrd Skeletors

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

Has anyone found for sale, or made a heavy duty cloth bag that is the right size to contain their climbing sticks?

This project is on my list for the off season.

Currently I carry them on the outside of my exo k4 under the load straps and it seems like they are always snagging vines, scratching paint surfaces, getting hung on doors on the way out the house, grabbing straps, grabbing vines...etc.

I'd like to buy a premade or custom bag like a stuff sack or a zippered bag to put them in right before I strap them to the pack, and to make them less catchy while stored on a shelf in the off season.

I just took up sewing for cub scout patches so I may pick up a denim needle and have a go at it, but I'd rather just buy something.

I see a lot of Dyneema bags on Etsy but I bet they are crinkly given my interactions with sail cloth.

I have some dutch oven bags that have a hard plastic insert to protect the bag from getting poked by the feet on the bottom of camp ovens.

I attached some photos of the plastic plate and a drawing of dimensions I think will work for a flat bottomed bag.

Attachments

• IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
Nine Banger

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I did find this one...seems like 10x10x24 is squeezy and 12x12x30 may be the best option:

Does anyone else have trouble with their skeletors grabbing and scratching?

I did find this one...seems like 10x10x24 is squeezy and 12x12x30 may be the best option:

Does anyone else have trouble with their skeletors grabbing and scratching?
I had that problem with almost any climbing stick. Ultimately I switched to using mini Shikar sticks from Out On A Limb, and then using a single stick for climbing. The Shikar sticks fold down, and the minis versions are really small and easy to pack.

OP
Nine Banger

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
That's also on my list to learn how to one stick and then rappel down.

Maybe I should bump that up higher on my list than the bag!

That's also on my list to learn how to one stick and then rappel down.

Maybe I should bump that up higher on my list than the bag!
Even if you're using all of your sticks, I think it's worth carrying the extra rope weight to have a quick, easy, and safer (compared to climbing, arguably) way down from the tree.