Help Tuning a PSE Stealth Carbon Air

bat-cave

WKR
PSE Guru's, looking for some insight! My daughter is shooting a PSE Stealth Carbon Air. She was periodically having issues pulling through the backwall. She happened to have this problem while shooting TAC two weeks ago when the one an only John Dudley came by and I asked for his insight. He pointed out that the bow wasn't setup exactly right to begin with. The issue was that there are spacers on either side of the axle (Top and bottom). One is think and the other is thin. In my daughters case the thick one was on the Left side of the cam (perspective is if you were shooting the bow) and this was causing the draw stop to have a small enough contact point with the string that if she pulled hard into the backwall it would pull-through. He suggested that the bow should have been set up with the thick one on the Right side of the cam.

She went ahead and shot all weekend as John mentioned he could and would fix it for her, but if she wanted to shoot the rest of the weekend (this was Sat AM) she should be careful to not pull into the backwall to hard and to get it fixed later, so we did. FWIW, I'm impressed that he even offered to fix it as he was super busy all weekend).

Fast forward, I had my son bring her bow into a local bow shop and explain the issue. They swapped the spacers on the top cam and paper tuned the bow. Last night I was working with her to get it sighted back in again and am struggling with arrows hitting a solid and consistent 6" Left at 20 yards. He sight (MBG Ascent) is bottomed on it's Left Windage.

In looking at the bow, I realized that that the same draw stop/spacer config exists on the bottom cam and it's setup with the thick spacer on the Left (just like the Top was originally). The shop told my son that you shouldn't move both spacers (Top & Bottom), but I'm questioning this since were having the issues with arrows being far enough Left that we can't move her sight more. I would normally move her rest, but am hesitant given it was paper tuned.

Before I start tweaking away, I figured I would see if anyone has suggestions. I can go back to the shop or a different PSE dealer, but again ... would rather solve it myself if possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Trial153

WKR
This have the evolve cam?

If so, all binary cams, when insulin them I shim both the top and the bottom equally. while the slight angle may not matter, I rather have the string not on any angle.

As for the wind age on the sight, MGB has an adjustment on the bracket were the mount meets the head, take it off and move it onto the furthest position towards the side your lacking adjustment

ZDR

WKR
I have to say John Dudley is a unique guy...I brought a Nock 2 it release and had some questions so I emailed them using the link on the Nock On website. He replied to me and we had several back and forth exchanges. I was impressed he would take the time to reply to my beginner questions as he did. He sent me links to videos, little tips etc.
Really cool he offered to help solve the problem for your daughter.

OP
bat-cave

bat-cave

WKR
@ZDR, 100% Agree. He was on the mountain at each TAC on the Nock On Course. He tried to get up and spend some time with about every group that shot Nock-On each day. We got to shoot three different targets with him. Super nice and a true ambassador for the sport ... oh and he's pretty good with a bow! :)

OR Archer

WKR
I’d check that the limb deflections are correct also. I’ve had a couple come through our shop that had the deflections wrong. Stiffest should be upper right and second stiffest on the lower right(if hold the bow and looking at it. Weakest will be on upper left.

BROOKS5

FNG
I’d check that the limb deflections are correct also. I’ve had a couple come through our shop that had the deflections wrong. Stiffest should be upper right and second stiffest on the lower right(if hold the bow and looking at it. Weakest will be on upper left.
Looking at it as in facing the shooter or from the shooters perspective?