HELP NO BLOOD

BTLowry

FNG
While on this subject, I got trail camera pictures of a bull with an arrow in him on 09/20. Pictures were taken on private land and the nearest public is a few miles away. I think he will probably live if he does not get an infection. Not sure how the hunter got an arrow in him at that angle. Just an awful shot, which is upsetting but I realize stuff happens. Think he will live?
View attachment 769965
View attachment 769964

2nd pic looks like the broadhead is just under the skin
Survivable for sure if it does not get infected to the point he loses so much weight that he can't make it through the winter
Animals are tough

I was wondering about this. Look, it’s entirely possible he moved in the moment just before I fingered the release, and that my perception got warped. But that said, I would swear to you both I can see it clearly in my minds eye how he spun, almost like a rodeo bull.

Now what I will say is I have not one ounce of a clue how an arrow on center line manages to strike the shoulder area of a bull that is moving off of that line. The two possibilities I can conjure are that one, the bull was a total acrobat and managed to spin on a dime in a millisecond. The other and I fear far more likely is that I tracked that spot as he moved and let the arrow go a fraction later than I thought I did.

I almost think after writing this that I was over committed to that shot.
Is it possible the pic you showed is the exit wound rather than the entrance? That would make more sense, way off center because he moved and tucked behind the shoulder at an angle missing the heart, arteries, and lungs.
While on this subject, I got trail camera pictures of a bull with an arrow in him on 09/20. Pictures were taken on private land and the nearest public is a few miles away. I think he will probably live if he does not get an infection. Not sure how the hunter got an arrow in him at that angle. Just an awful shot, which is upsetting but I realize stuff happens. Think he will live?
View attachment 769965
View attachment 769964
One of them "100 yards boys" at work.

OP
C

CalvinMax

FNG
Is it possible the pic you showed is the exit wound rather than the entrance? That would make more sense, way off center because he moved and tucked behind the shoulder at an angle missing the heart, arteries, and lungs.

One of them "100 yards boys" at work.
I am absolutely positive that’s the entrance wound. Though I think you have the right idea the more I think about it, forward hit on a shallow angle. I hope he’s alive, he was magnificent.