Help me choose a broadhead!!

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
@cgill54 no experience with any of heads you mentioned but I have harvested multiple mule deer with the kudu contour + which is a 2 blade with bleeders & they have performed well.

These are my recommendation as well. I ended up on the Kudu's after considering other heads, but the price was right and they have not let me down. Blood trails will never equal that of a mechanical, but anything I've shot with them have run less then 75 yards and tracking jobs have been obviously short. Sharpening is a little more difficult then a standard straight edge, however with the Stay Sharp Guide it's easy after doing a couple of heads.

Zac

WKR
A lot of this depends on your ability to tune a bow. If you suck then the Sevr would be my choice. If you do want a high end fixed blade then the Day 6 would be my choice as well. The curvature of that blade should allow it to out penetrate almost anything else. I don't like the evolution due to the possibility of the arrow not passing through. If that happens you are stuck with a tiny entrance hole. I do however like their fixed blade. It's very forgiving due to the venting.

MattB

WKR
My personal opinion is that combining a lack of tuning and a mechanical broadhead is setting one’s self up for failure before even entering the field, rather than providing a solution to a problem. You are essentially adding a broadhead type that won’t work penetrate as well in generally compared to fixed blade heads to an arrow that already won’t penetrate as well due to poor arrow flight.

I shoot both Sevr 125gr 1.75" and the Day 6 Evo 125gr. Love them both. I've harvested mule deer and elk with the Sevr and a Whitetail with the Day 6. Going to try the Day 6 on my elk hunt this year. For mule deer at longer distances I prefer the Sevr though. Like others have said a lot of it depends on your bow tune though. Have to get that right first.

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
i really like my 100 grain kudu contour plus. But, i plan on switching to the 150 grain kudu head with it being a little bigger. I havent lost a deer since ive been shooting kudu. Shot an antelope slighlty quarting broadside went through his heart and came out the other shoulder he took three steps and expired. Made a poor shot on amule deer quarting at 75 pards shot way back hit him in the hine upper leg passed all the way through deer went 40yards and expired. For me id rather have a pass through and bone splitting power then a large cutting diameter. I do believe there is a different broad head for every situation.

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
My personal opinion is that combining a lack of tuning and a mechanical broadhead is setting one’s self up for failure before even entering the field, rather than providing a solution to a problem. You are essentially adding a broadhead type that won’t work penetrate as well in generally compared to fixed blade heads to an arrow that already won’t penetrate as well due to poor arrow flight.
I agree that not enough people either take the time to tune or actually know how to tune. With a fixed blade, one needs to tune and shoot every arrow he is taking into the field before going into the field. Then replace the blades or sharpen if the blades are not removable. There is no doubt in my mind that an average bowhunter HUNTING DEER is far better off with a mechanical in his quiver than a fixed blade. I have encountered very few average bowhunters (excluding target and serious 3D folks here, they are not what I am calling “average”) who tune fixed head broadheads. Darn few. And, when people start talking about shooting 75 yards at a deer, the number of “average” bowhunters who are going to do well in that situation with a fixed head drops faster than an arrow with a 150 grain head on it at 90 yards.

So I would prefer having that average guy shooting a good mechanical at 30 yards.

Marble

WKR
These are my recommendation as well. I ended up on the Kudu's after considering other heads, but the price was right and they have not let me down. Blood trails will never equal that of a mechanical, but anything I've shot with them have run less then 75 yards and tracking jobs have been obviously short. Sharpening is a little more difficult then a standard straight edge, however with the Stay Sharp Guide it's easy after doing a couple of heads.
I fmthinknthese are very underrated. They have been very durable, easy to sharpen and priced will. I always carry some on my quiver.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk