Help choosing camouflage!!

adamm88

WKR
I try to get solids bottoms when possible so they get used more than Hunting season, I don't feel a deer is going to bust you because your pants are green, Tops i try to stay patterned as that is what's is more likely going to be moving.

I try and look at what i want/Need and either find it on sale or outlets, all the gear company's constantly upgrade so if you look around you can find things in the outlet sections. Kuiu has stuff added in the outlet section all the time. To get back to your quesiton all those companies have good camo its more about fabric durability that this point and getting what you want/need.

TheGDog

WKR
I need help choosing a new camo system. I understand that most camo is made for hunters eye than actual deer. The reason for the upgrade is better technical wear. Super hot tree stand hunts and mule deer stalks need gear to keep me cool. Also need stuff to sit in tree stand through the winter and not be miserable.

I’m currently torn between first lite and badlands. I’m not much of a fan of Sitka. I prefer first lite’s patterns but leaning more towards badlands for their unconditional warranty and new camo pattern they just put out. Any help would be appreciated!!
Lovin the FirstLite gear I've purchased. Their pants for hot weather are AWESOME!!

TheGDog

WKR
RE: Camo Gear? If you're doing long ambush sits (only have experience from the ground, sorry), I wholeheartedly recommend getting some light-weight 3D Leafy-Gear. HAve had soo many neat close-quarters encounters wearing the leafy gear!

So far? I'm most pleased with the FirstLite 3D Leafy jacket because it lets A LOT of air thru ALMOST as good as AllPredatorCalls Sappr suit Mesh Ghillie jacket, only.. it doesn't want to grab at everything like that Mesh Ghillie jacket can want to do sometimes.

North Mountain Gear also makes a great inexpensive leafy-gear combo(s). Was only like $89 ea when I bought a couple sets from them. They're a lil much in 90+F weather, but "doable". Better for an additional layering in Alpine and/or colder locations/months. They can be a lil much in hotter months.

And IMO a really good general-purpose camo would be like... for example a Natural Gear Camo. Have several of their greyish/stone-based kinda coloration pant/shirt combos. Often use like those pants, throw on a TrueTimber Strata Pajama-type baselayer shirt, button-down Bush-shirt of Natural gear over that, then on top of that you can throw the FirstLite Leafy Jacket over top of IT. That way... you've got a combo that really has all your bases covered. You've got a greyish, then the greenish/sage-ish Strata, Then that FirstLite Leafy in, their Arid type coloration. So that way you can change it up by modifying the order of the layering, if you want to.

I've literally had a cotton tail come 18" off my right foot, when the wind was right, while I was seated in a Helinox type chair in the Leafy-Gear on a set waiting for rabbits to appear on the OTHER side of this meadow I was sitting on!

Last edited: