Hello from Sydney, Australia

Zubtec

FNG
Hi all.

I'm new to this forum. Been hunting my whole life in Australia and have done a few trips to Europe. We have endless game to hunt in Aus all year round - for which I am very grateful!

Very interested to read and contribute some gear reviews and hunting stories.

As a conclusion to my introduction, here is a photo of the last animal I hunted - a wild dog (which is likely high % dingo). They are a hugely destructive pest. Currently, they are causing mayhem in areas which were torched in bush fires over summer. You can see the burnt hills behind me.

Thanks and glad to be here.

Actually having a large ferral dog population is something I never knew was a thing in Australia? How long has it been like that?

Actually having a large ferral dog population is something I never knew was a thing in Australia? How long has it been like that?

That is a beast of a wild dog! I think it looks pretty big to have a lot of dingo in it.

We have wild dogs and dingos in Australia. It can be hard to tell the difference and they can interbreed quite a bit.

Dingoes were bought over from Polynesia with the indigenous. Wild dogs have been around since colonization. They can both cause issues depending on where you are however dingoes are protected in some areas as they have been around long enough that they are considered part of the environment. Wild dogs are probably one of the best pests Australia has.

npm352

WKR
Welcome. I hunted Australia's top end back in Nov 2016 and had a nice time. Great country and hunting. Nice work on the dog.