Heated vest experience?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Pnuma vest. Instant warmth. I find it helps the most on those rainy mid 30s days when it’s hard to keep that damp chill from sucking the warmth from you.

I have the Pnuma, I use it as a base. I wear a light shirt under it. I have 2 batteries. It helps a lot in a stand, and at my son's football games.
It's designed to be against your skin as a baselayer but being not so easy to wash I use a layer under it. My plan is to wire in a larger battery with a wire that's long enough to put the battery in the cargo pocket of my pants. That way I can swap batteries by unzipping the leg of my insulated bibs. Where the battery is located makes it difficult to change with my safety harness on.

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve got two different vests, one is a Mobil warming and can’t remember the other one.

They always seem to not be working great until the battery dies, then you realize they doing quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive used the ororo the last 4 years. Hunted a late January day in centeral Wisconson and with the windchill it was -31. I put that sucker under my sitka jacket and had it cranked on high for the 3 hour sit and I was very comfy. I dont use it a ton since I have a very good layering system but when it gets about 20 degrees or less I will pull it. I hunt with a recurve so the vest helps with me with not havng as bulky as clothing that I would need on if i did not have it.

I’ve owned the Pnuma and Arris. Gave the Arris away, the Pnuma is far superior due to the snugger fit and better heat transfer. I’ve experimented with base layers below the vests (poly and wool) and above. If using traditional base layers, keep the vest below the base layer. However, the absolute best combo I found was oddly enough a brynje or aclima wool or poly net shirt under the pnuma vest. It subjectively feels exponentially warmer. The heater itself is buffered from your skin and is more comfortable, but those little net pockets capture the heat and “feel” as if it warms a larger area of the skin.

Without the heated vest, I never use the net layers if I plan to be exclusively static. With the heated vest alone, I’d say it takes the edge off and allows you to grind out longer. I can’t confidently say it allows me to always shed a layer. With the vest and the net shirt, I consistently require less clothing, or less heavy clothing and can reduce bulk. It’s a hard one to explain until you try it, but if you get a pnuma vest, I highly recommended trying the combination out.