Heated Jacket

Has anyone tried the Milwaukee Heated Jackets? I have been thinking it sounds like a good way to be able to sit on stand longer as the weather turned colder without having to carry a ton of bulky layers into the woods. Thoughts?

In full disclosure, I have a little bit of a red tool problem.....lol

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Less bulky option is the Pnuma heated vest. Instant heat. Get an extra battery.

OP
H
Those things are thin, that’s slick! I’m going to look into those more. I like that they have the pants too. Thanks

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Cabela's heated jacket and a heated vest. Total game changers for prolonged treestand hunts in cold weather.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Milwaukee heated jacked a few years ago used the small 12 volt battery came with 2 it worked pretty good when it worked, but it didn’t even last me 1/2 the season. I will say it was the older version so maybe this new version works better??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both the milwaukee heated jacket and a pnuma vest. I highly recommend the vest for hunting since it's closer to your core and the battery is alot thinner and less bulky. I use the milwaukee for everyday errands and shoveling.

OP
H
After looking at the Pnuma, it looks like the way to go. I have enough Home Depot gift cards to the the Milwaukee.... I have a feeling I will end up with both.

pdub77

FNG
Had a Pnuma vest. Used it a season. You need 2 batteries as previously mentioned. But it did help.

Has anyone tried the Milwaukee Heated Jackets? I have been thinking it sounds like a good way to be able to sit on stand longer as the weather turned colder without having to carry a ton of bulky layers into the woods. Thoughts?

In full disclosure, I have a little bit of a red tool problem.....lol
I don't have one but my buddy loves his. His constantly in and out of his truck at construction sites year round. He says he flips it on if he's been out of the truck for more than 30 minutes and saves him from having to wear a much bulkier jacket

Shraedus

FNG
I have used the Milwaukee Heated Jacket the past 2 seasons, I also have their heated hand muff they used to make. Both have helped me when it got down really cold.

OP
H
I have used the Milwaukee Heated Jacket the past 2 seasons, I also have their heated hand muff they used to make. Both have helped me when it got down really cold.
Do you have to add many layers over it, or will some base layers and an outer shell over it get you through some cold weather?

Shraedus

FNG
Do you have to add many layers over it, or will some base layers and an outer shell over it get you through some cold weather?
I used FL furnace base layers, the milwaukee then the catalyst jacket and uncompaghre. That got me down pretty low in temps. I have upgraded to the solitude set this year so I don't see myself needing the milwaukee much. I will continue to use it around town.