Heart attack?

49ereric

WKR
I'll take my chances, thank you, rather than listening to some senile, old jab pusher.
Should have posted my entire message instead of selective editing to make it seem I said something different than I actually did say.
I encourage everyone to make their own decision concerning covid vax’s.

MattB

WKR
Thanks for posting. And from my reading it says nothing about unvaccinated vs vaccinated. Only people who were infected with Covid. Therefore there is no way to distinguish the difference. From my reading it is a spike protein issue. You can get the spike protein from the vax or Covid. The people that have had multiple jabs and had Covid would therefore have higher amounts of spike protein. This is why I believe the heart issues are more prevalent now. As people get more and more boosters the issues are starting to be more prevalent. I’m not posting these things to be a jerk or discount people that have had heart attacks. All this stuff really sucks. Simply saying that it is worth looking into and having those conversations with doctors as well as determining wether getting more boosters is worth it or not. That is a personal decision that everyone has to make.
Based on everything I have read, mRNA vaccine-caused myocarditis usually presents within a week following vaccination (usually after the second dose). Those who have experienced it were 80%+ male and most between 15-24. Most cases resolve pretty quickly with treatment.

On the spike protein front, the components of the vaccine are broken down by your body and eliminated within a few weeks so I believe the notion that they can build up in the body over time to be untrue.

I completely agree in having the conversation with your doctor before making any medical decisions as there is no free lunch. I personally thought that the benefits of the original vaccines were well worth taking. But given how the virus has mutated to be less virulent, I personally haven't though that getting the most recent bivalent booster was worth it from a risk/reward perspective.

Crusader

WKR
Genetics and healthy life style benefited you more than that aspirin that potentially puts you at greater risks.

This mirrors my experience. I exercise regularly, eat reasonably well, but have high cholesterol (hereditary, as my dad had it too) and am on a low dose of statins, have been so for 15 years. My former physician (old guy) had me on daily low dose aspirin. He retired so last year I saw a new general practice doc, a guy in his 30s. He right away took me off the aspirin, said the current data indicated it does no good and as the article linked to above says, can cause problems in bleeding events.

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Family history of first myocardial infarction men < 55 , women < 65
Diabetes
Smoking
Hypertension
High cholesterol

Those are your major risk factors for coronary artery disease. The more you possess the greater your risk for a myocardial infarction at a younger age. Manage your risks accordingly!!
Anyone with a significant risk factor profile over the age of 40 probably should not be using a hunting trip as your cardiac stress test!! Train before your trip, and if you have exertional chest pain, significant shortness of breath, or significant diminished exercise capacity have a medical evaluation prior to trip!

Dsnow9

FNG
What good is medical school when you have Youtube and FOX News?
Your hilarious! YouTube literally banned any content that was even close to anti-vax. Fox News had a vax mandate for employees and pushed it just as much as any other news broadcast.

I went to groups like the frontline alliance, and listened to what the inventor of the mRNA vaccine and creator of the pcr test.

Obviously everyone should find doctors they trust and listen to them. Just like a woman, there is no one size fits all. We are all entitled to our own research, doctors, and lifestyle. Isn’t that what this county was founded on. Freedom.

MattB

WKR
Your hilarious! YouTube literally banned any content that was even close to anti-vax. Fox News had a vax mandate for employees and pushed it just as much as any other news broadcast.

I went to groups like the frontline alliance, and listened to what the inventor of the mRNA vaccine and creator of the pcr test.

Obviously everyone should find doctors they trust and listen to them. Just like a woman, there is no one size fits all. We are all entitled to our own research, doctors, and lifestyle. Isn’t that what this county was founded on. Freedom.
My hilarious? I hope your command of medicine exceeds that of the English language.

Buckman

WKR
Had mine in March of last year. Snow blowing for two and a half hours. Felt fine, little winded , normal. Sat down and listened to the birds, the red wings were coming back. Went in house and gathered up some laundry , walking to basement and wham. Center chest pain, couldn't get my breath , couldn't stand up. One stint later ,still here. BUT, the drugs they put me on after really kicked my ass. Almost worst than the attack. Cardiac rehab on them drugs put me in the E R. Went to the E R four times in the last 10 months . Got off most of the drugs and now feel better, not great but better. Biggest problem is i have lost faith in myself, always in my head, should i be doing this or that. never had that thought process before. I'm 70 and still have a zest for life. Want to see many more sunrises and sunsets. Got my new Grandson a 22 rifle for Christmas incase I'm not here when he gets of age. Getting old sucks.

Glad you are OK!

What does it feel like? Is it a pain on the left side of your chest (where you heart is)? Was it hard to breath? Did you pass out? Curious to hear what to look out for from a symptom standpoint from someone who has actually experienced it
Had a mid-range heart attack about 11-12 years ago. Was called into work middle of night, about 4am started drinking coffee. Got pain just left of center in my chest. Thought it was indigestion from coffee on empty stomach. Went home about 11am had a bowl of cereal and planned to go to bed. Pain got a little worse and ended up throwing up a very small amount of fluid. Took some meds for indigestion went to bed. Wife came home late afternoon took more meds had her call doc to see how much I could take. They wanted me to come in but of course I knew better than they did. Went to work next morning with still a dull pain in chest(thinking this indigestion don't give up) About 10am the guys at work said I wasn't looking good and convinced me to go to hospital. Went in about 2hrs later and and confirmed a heart attack. Was shipped by ambulance to a larger cardiac unit. They made a couple attempts to open a blockage with no success. Beings treated with meds. This happened end of June and I elk hunted in September. Have elk hunted every year since.

Idaboy

WKR
Any of you on here had a heart attack? I got a scare last weekend or had a blocked artery, Was heading out snow shoeing when the check engine light came on. Was in denial since I am still fairly young, eat healthy, and exercise regularly.

I have stints in and no damage to my heart but wondering what heading into the wilderness will look like. Thanks

If you had acute MI and got stents, you qualify for a formal cardiac rehab program. It's nothing special but is supervised exercise program with a rehab or cardiac doc oversight, cardiac RNs, and sometimes RT. It's usually a 6 week program and while it's not rocket science, it gives you some piece of mind of getting back into aerobic fitness in a supervised fashion. How's your ECHO look? They should have done an ECHO (ultrasound) that tells you how heart function looks and ensures you don't have any leaky valves. Get on your statin or whatever cholesterol med they feel is best. Don't smoke (that accelerates vascular plaque). You will probably do great, but I would not rec waiting until a month before season to get back into shape. Most guys do well on the meds, but the beta blockers (metoprolol, core, atenolol etc) do put your heart on a governor so to speak, and some people it makes their heart inappropriately slow, but as long as you can get up to 120 beats/min that should be enough to have a good training effect. If don't have a local cardiac rehab (sometimes they are only in bigger towns/medical centers) then ask you cardiologist for some information.. Good luck and be healthy!

Idaboy

WKR
My Dad had his widow maker blocked at age 49 laying in bed one morning. He was shocked a total of 18 times during 3 different codes before it was all said and done. Spent a week knocked out in the ICU but he made it through though. He worked a physical job in the oil field and went to the gym 4x a week. Doctors say he has small veins/arteries. My Grandpa had his at 67. He was also very active, he actually got done feeding cows, closed the gate, shut off the pickup and just died. Both happened on New Years Eve 8 years apart.

My hunting mentor (uncle) on my Mom's side died 10 years ago at the age of 58 from his.

One of my action items for the new year is find a doctor and start doing annual physicals yearly at a minimum. Only 35, but you never know. And I'm sick of walking around on New Years Eve waiting to fall over and die.....
You definitely got some risk factors in your family..yes start getting annual "wellness" exam, screen cholesterol and make sure you don't develop diabetes. If your doctor isn't aggressive in screening then find a new one, life is too short to not monitor some basic risk factors...good luck

Idaboy

WKR
I don't want to go political but this isn't true from the stats I've seen 4% increase in unvaxxed vs 300% increase in vaxxed. I'd have to dig up all the sources, there's been a lot. The new narrative now is they're blaming the virus rather than the shot and the numbers don't support it but they're pushing that hard because it's undenyable now. I'm guessing we need to sidebar this discussion though so as to not derail OP's thread, somebody care to make a side thread we can discuss it on?
Derail you have

OP
hunting1

hunting1

WKR
If you had acute MI and got stents, you qualify for a formal cardiac rehab program. It's nothing special but is supervised exercise program with a rehab or cardiac doc oversight, cardiac RNs, and sometimes RT. It's usually a 6 week program and while it's not rocket science, it gives you some piece of mind of getting back into aerobic fitness in a supervised fashion. How's your ECHO look? They should have done an ECHO (ultrasound) that tells you how heart function looks and ensures you don't have any leaky valves. Get on your statin or whatever cholesterol med they feel is best. Don't smoke (that accelerates vascular plaque). You will probably do great, but I would not rec waiting until a month before season to get back into shape. Most guys do well on the meds, but the beta blockers (metoprolol, core, atenolol etc) do put your heart on a governor so to speak, and some people it makes their heart inappropriately slow, but as long as you can get up to 120 beats/min that should be enough to have a good training effect. If don't have a local cardiac rehab (sometimes they are only in bigger towns/medical centers) then ask you cardiologist for some information.. Good luck and be healthy!
Thanks, already began exercise. My ECHO showed all good, no damage so other than mental, blood thinners, and Dr check ups I am good. The Beta blockers and blood thinners make me dizzy so hopefully they can adjust or change them.

TheGDog

WKR
RE: They make you dizzy. As with most any new med... sometimes it takes a bit for your body to adjust to it's presence and get back to homeostasis. While you're waiting for that, yeah, sometimes ya gotta rise up from sitting or laying with throwing in a little extra time for the blood to catch back up with your head upon rising.

Another thing is to learn which meds DON'T mix with whatever you're taking at the moment. Cause it's scary as sh!t to slip-up and take this other med over here.... that.. when combined together with the one you're already taking... can push you into bad territory such as Ataxia which I've had before (dangerous as hell! potentially to reallly EFF yourself up when in a state of Ataxia), or slowing the Diaphragm down to dangerous territory if some people combine a strong Opiate with their everyday med.

Also, you MAY find that you'll start to get acid reflux way easier than before, once you start having to take a BP med everyday.

And you really truly should try to avoid alcohol once you've started down the path of BP meds. Just look at your gut whenever you do allow yourself to drink. Notice how much more bloated that belly is looking? It's that way because now you're asking it to process both your meds AND that drink as well! Too much altogether at the same time. That bloating is your body letting you know it's overwhelmed, too much stuff for your liver to get out altogether at the same time.

Idaboy

WKR
Thanks, already began exercise. My ECHO showed all good, no damage so other than mental, blood thinners, and Dr check ups I am good. The Beta blockers and blood thinners make me dizzy so hopefully they can adjust or change them.
Good luck with things, it can take some time to adjust. Exercise, exercise, exercise....best blood pressure intervention and with fitbit and blood pressure cuff at home keep a log, because we all tend to run higher BP in the MD office. That way if meds need to be adjusted you can show your doc how things are running. Like others have said dizzy when first getting up is common but usually gets better with time. Be well