heading to tuscon az

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
ok, going to mexico is out. but all the rest are great ideas. Thanks for the info guys.

Fatcamp

WKR
Driving around the neighborhoods can be really interesting.

Not always real safe, but very interesting.

ROCOTILLO

FNG
I was wondering if going to nogales or one of the mexican towns was safe. or even hiking for that matter.
the more I hear about the quail the more I want to do that. Will see what the guides say and go from there.
Hiking and hunting(quail javs, deer) is all good south Tucson(unit 34B). Just have a buddy and stay away from standing water tanks, I have hunted that area the last 4 years. Be smart stay strapped.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks again guys. turns out I will be flying and not gonna go thru the hassle of getting my hellcat out there so no ccw. prob not gonna mess with a shotgun either.
for a midwest guy its hard to imagine not being able to just park and hike anywhere you want due to danger from people from another country. just seems crazy in america.

thanks again guys. turns out I will be flying and not gonna go thru the hassle of getting my hellcat out there so no ccw. prob not gonna mess with a shotgun either.
for a midwest guy its hard to imagine not being able to just park and hike anywhere you want due to danger from people from another country. just seems crazy in america.
Back in the day we had signs like this. Imagine the outrage if something similar were placed outside of places like Chicago.

Have fun and enjoy yourself. Lots to see and do.

Attachments

• E551A653-3478-4D77-A5D6-4DC7BE913E17.jpeg
    E551A653-3478-4D77-A5D6-4DC7BE913E17.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 14

Weldor

WKR
There is plenty of really good OTC archery deer hunting in the area around Tucson, I would for sure take the bow and hunt on the weekends. All of Arizona is good for outdoor activities, hiking, mountain biking, exploring, snow skiing/boarding (Flagstaff and Sunrise), wine country up around Sedona/Prescott, etc. There's an incredible amount of things to do in the state. Enjoy your time here.
Check the regs, there is now a qouta on the otc tags.