Headaches from caffeine withdrawl...

rhendrix

WKR
...SUCK ASS! I knew that sodas and coffee were bad for you but anything that makes you feel this crappy when you're not taking it can't be healthy.

The sad part is, I only drink a cup of coffee and a 20 ounce soda a day.

sk1

WKR
buy a bottle of nodoze.....i think they are 100mg tablets, break on in half, or a quarter and take one each time you feel a headache coming on....you should be able to wean yourself within a week or two depending on how bad you're hooked......i do this everytime im addicted to caffeine and trying to quit......works like a charm now if only i can stop eventually going back to it!!

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My vice is coffee for sure. I used to be addicted to Mountain Dew, gave that up right after college and haven't looked back at Carbonated beverages since.

Hardstalk

WKR
Its a drug maaan!! I go on spurts. It sux for sure. Ill have random shifts and end up with 80 hour weeks. During those days its 2 rokstars plus a big thermos of coffee. It takes me weeks to recover back to a sensible amount of caffeine intake.

I use to be all about chocolate as well. Sweets are just about as bad when your attempting to wein off.

sk1

WKR
i used to drink around 5 to 10 bottles of 20oz mtn dew a day......right now im hooked on monster energy drinks about 2 a day....

i have a serious addition problem with caffeine, it is to me what cocaine is to an addict, and im not kidding.....you know that little warning label on the back that says caffeine effects some people more than others?? yeah.....that's me. i have quit a few times but usually end up back on it after 3 months or so...as soon as it hits my lips all in the world is well, an instant stress relief!

thank god my addiction is caffeine and not nicotine or worse.....apparently i can get hooked easily.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
i used to drink around 5 to 10 bottles of 20oz mtn dew a day......right now im hooked on monster energy drinks about 2 a day....

i have a serious addition problem with caffeine, it is to me what cocaine is to an addict, and im not kidding.....you know that little warning label on the back that says caffeine effects some people more than others?? yeah.....that's me. i have quit a few times but usually end up back on it after 3 months or so...as soon as it hits my lips all in the world is well, an instant stress relief!

thank god my addiction is caffeine and not nicotine or worse.....apparently i can get hooked easily.

you should see what a monster will do to your heart while drinking one. We hooked up a guy in school to a monitor. lets just say I no longer drink them....

Mckinnon

WKR
Ya I have the same issue, every semester I quit caffeine after finals and the first week is a beast, it gets better though. I have never drank any of those energy drinks...

sk1

WKR
you should see what a monster will do to your heart while drinking one. We hooked up a guy in school to a monitor. lets just say I no longer drink them....

im a firefighter/emt.....ive hooked up myself to a 12 lead (all of the patches/electrodes) to monitor my heart after drinking consecutive monsters.....the biggest change i noticed and you wouldnt need a 12 lead to see is your heart rate, at least on me. i thought for sure it would alter my BP as well but it didn't, still 120/80 like i usually am. I did however have my resting heart rate near 150, and when i worked out after neared 200.

i dont need medical science to tell me its bad for you, trust me, i already knew......but let me crack open another one and slam it down......damn caffeine

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
im a firefighter/emt.....ive hooked up myself to a 12 lead (all of the patches/electrodes) to monitor my heart after drinking consecutive monsters.....the biggest change i noticed and you wouldnt need a 12 lead to see is your heart rate, at least on me. i thought for sure it would alter my BP as well but it didn't, still 120/80 like i usually am. I did however have my resting heart rate near 150, and when i worked out after neared 200.

i dont need medical science to tell me its bad for you, trust me, i already knew......but let me crack open another one and slam it down......damn caffeine

Haha so am I! The guy we hooked it up to was 20 something in good shape and started throwing pvc's, like 10 a minute... After that I decided to shy away from monsters.

On another note, I was told the only energy drink allowed by military is 5 hour energy. I do not know if that is true or not but found it interesting.

ive quit rockstar but end up ging back and then drinking even more than before. i try to stick with my one a day on the way to work. sometimes its another after lunch, depends on the week...

Hardstalk

WKR
Those 5 hour energys work great. Minimal caffeine and something like 8333% your daily value of b12. Still not caffeine. I can supplement those once I have weined to the point of coffee only. I think the hardest part is the sleep schedule involved with caffeine. Even after a busy day and you would think that 7-9 hours after your last energy drink you would be ready for sleep. But I end up with another rush an hour or two before bed. Which in turns puts me to bed late and sends me out the door in a rush in the morning. Grabbing a couple cans on the way to work. Its a vicious cycle for sure.

Shrek

WKR
I failed my first physical for fire college due to a 64oz cup of cuban coffee ! I had an elevated pulse and irregular heart beat. Passed the next morning with no problem but a killer headache ! I'm still addicted. 24oz cup in the morning and sip ditch water ( unsweet tea ) all day. I did cut the sugar out two years ago..so I got that going for me ! :)

sk1

WKR
Haha so am I! The guy we hooked it up to was 20 something in good shape and started throwing pvc's, like 10 a minute... After that I decided to shy away from monsters.

On another note, I was told the only energy drink allowed by military is 5 hour energy. I do not know if that is true or not but found it interesting.

The whole 5 hour energy thing is a bunch of crap.......at least I have never heard it before.....some locations I deployed to the chow halls serve energy drinks and pop free.....are you kidding me?? I know the comforts of home are nice when you're away.....but we would respond to medicals on base from people passed out all the time, it's only 120 degrees out and my first question was the last time you had anything to drink? uh sir i guess about 2 hours ago i had 3 rip it energy drinks....ok so when was the last time you had water, and they respond with like 2 or 3 days ago...idiots.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The whole 5 hour energy thing is a bunch of crap.......at least I have never heard it before.....some locations I deployed to the chow halls serve energy drinks and pop free.....are you kidding me?? I know the comforts of home are nice when you're away.....but we would respond to medicals on base from people passed out all the time, it's only 120 degrees out and my first question was the last time you had anything to drink? uh sir i guess about 2 hours ago i had 3 rip it energy drinks....ok so when was the last time you had water, and they respond with like 2 or 3 days ago...idiots.

haha people do not understand the effects of caffeine on the body, we run calls like that all the time too but people don't call me sir!

this might sound coarse but that sounds like time for natural selection...

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I'm a firefighter/paramedic, so I'm all too familiar with the effects of downing a monster every now and then, my real addiction has been Dr. Pepper, I usually buy one for work and swig on it all day. If we're really running I'll have two or three a day, the most I've ever drank is 5 in a day. Not healthy at all! Me and my wife are doing a little experiment and seeing if eating cleaner, cutting out all the empty calories from simple carbs and replacing them with fruits and veggies for 30 days and seeing what happens. I'm hoping I feel awesome, and she wants to lose weight, if we can maintain this for 30 days then we'll keep it going as a lifestyle change. So far I'm on day 3 and these headaches SUCK...but I think the suffering now is worth the reward of a healthier life and better opportunities to tag out next year.