Headache rack height?

Huntchic

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a new Pickup and am putting a headache rack on it for rear and side lighting as well as a number of other reasons. Im looking at the original Backrack shortened ( cab Hight ) or the 3 round rack ( 3 vertical round rods on each side open center. ( sticks up 2" over the cab)
I can think of pros and cons for each model but my biggest question is will wind noise or anything be a concern with being 2" above the cab vs the cab Hight model? the original model seems better for mounting lights in different locations but the 3 round model seems better for places to attach things and i can get it for 1/2 the price of the original model. just not sure if it sticking up 2" higher over the cab would cause it to be crazy wind noise at highway speeds or any other problem ? any advice or experience would be appreciated.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

Lil-Rokslider
Well I was hoping to here some input before I placed an order today but went ahead and placed a order for the “3 round back rack” because of the tonneau cover mounting brackets I’m using it will stick up about 2” above the cab I’m told. Figured this rack will be better for window protection, having more tie down locations and better for hooking a come along or small winch for loading critters by myself. Should also work good for adding rear lighting and side lighting. It didn’t hurt any that the original model shortened hight model was $200 more than this model. I just hope the 2” above the cab hight doesn’t somehow make me regret my choice.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s picture of the “ 3 round model I ordered and one of the original back rack that was cab hight I almost ordered. I still will appreciate any input or thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_1386.png
    IMG_1386.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1387.png
    IMG_1387.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 7