Hats for trad?

GLB

WKR
I wear a beanie most of the time. If I am wearing a ball cap I have to tilt it back some to clear the string.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I figured out I can come to full draw also with my Kryptek Tora ball cap. That was an exciting revelation lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I had to lose my first lite radar merino hat because of the driving rain. I wore a Filson ball cap forward. When I come to draw, I push the bill to my left (rh shooter) and it clears well.....and the motion can be seamless once perfected.

Bvas

FNG
I wear short brimmed boonies. You can also thread a piece of tie wire through the outer seam of the brim. This allows you to bend and contort the brim in any shape you want.

amp713

WKR
I just remember to flip my hat backwards, however I keep it loose enough that if I draw and hit my hat I'll drop my anchor then bring the string up into my brim and just lift my hat up on my head the go back to anchor. I tried a boonie this year and the brim was constantly rubbing my pack or my hood and I still had string contact that bothered me. I'll be trying a firstlite beanie next

I've got a camo hat that looks like an old railroad conductor hat. Bought it at a trad shoot. It has a wire brim so you can form it any way you want. It's already short enough for no string contact, but you can turn it straight up if you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Those are available from Holm-Made Custom bows

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
That TAD boonie is exactly the hat I've been looking for with the 360' venting, but holy cow that's expensive once you do the conversion and shipping!

ledflight

WKR
Added a cant to my shooting style this year as I went to a longbow and it moves the upper limb just out of the way of the brim.
Obv don't change your shooting for fashion, but this might help

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the OR SWIFT SUN hat? It has a foldable brim, has mesh on the side and comes in multi-can