has anyone hunted 37 late season. NM

Unfortunately I lucked on getting drawn for archery deer. But I did get drawn for gun deer in mid November. But was wondering what you guys that have hunted 37. What were your thoughts and did you have any success. And any Intel would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I have never hunted in area 37, but have drove around in the Capitans and looked to be pretty good deer country, best thing is get high you can glass for a long ways there. I drew archery deer in area 29 it was a fourth choice and never been there, so kind of in the same boat as you.

hunting1

WKR
A lot of small bucks and does. There is a lot of public and private mix. I used to hunt it when the tags were OTC. Find water and there is some clear cuts where I would see deer in the mornings and evenings. I would go in off of 54.

jfive613

FNG
I have hunted 37 three of the last four years. Always first season though. Lots of road hunters to deal with. Will be again first season this year. PM any questions. Don't be expecting a monster, but there are deer. Population is down a bit. This is the buck I tagged last year.

mule.jpg

Last edited: