Harness

Macintosh

WKR
That killdeer ^^ is way better than what Ive seen. Mine is a little lighter and more padded for comfort, but with the shortcomings I mentioned earlier— it easily outweighs mine for anyone looking for an off the shelf solution. That holiday looks like the ticket though—thats closer to weight and packing volume of the harness I use, and priced way more appropriately. The only thing my custom harness has on that is comfort, since its wider and padded. Either way it's great there’s some options like this, its about time!

Last edited:
If I hadn’t traded for the Killdeer, I was going to build something similar to this It’s a harness that has had lineman loops sewed on it. This would work well for me when hanging stands and while hunting. The picture is not mine, I snagged it off of bookface.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpeg
    IMG_0399.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 18

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Black Diamond Couloir. Minimal and light, easy on and off. Use the belay loops for the lineman’s. Prussik knots on each end of the safety tree rope. Snug one end to the tree, adjust the other end at your harness.

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
Black Diamond Couloir. Minimal and light, easy on and off. Use the belay loops for the lineman’s. Prussik knots on each end of the safety tree rope. Snug one end to the tree, adjust the other end at your harness.

Are you using the older orange model? That’s what I’ve been using and unfortunately it doesn’t look like they make that exact harness anymore. I’ve been having it for a few years and I was thinking of replacing it before season. None of the new couloir models seem to be exactly the same.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I am not familiar with the orange model. The Couloir I use is blue (leg straps), around eight years old and is still made by Black Diamond.

I mostly use a black diamond rock climbing harness. Especially if I’m hanging stands or mobile hunting with a hang stand setup or climber. If I have a predetermined stand like a hang stand or ladder stand I use a regular harness which is the tree spider speed harness (it’s lightweight and a lot more comfortable than some of the others I’ve used). They are easier to use on old stands that have a lifeline already setup but for everything else it’s the R/C harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
Been using a rock climbing harness for years. Go into REI, try different models and suspend yourself in one, to see which one you like. Ever go into a Cabela’s, Bass Pro, Scheel’s, or hunting store and ask to try on a conventional harness and suspend yourself to see how it feels? Ain’t happening!

aroesch

FNG
Has anyone put their hands on the XOP Holiday? Is it comparable to the Dryad Killdeer?
Trying to justify the major price difference between the Killdeer vs the Holiday but they seem comparable. Any thoughts?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Has anyone put their hands on the XOP Holiday? Is it comparable to the Dryad Killdeer?
Trying to justify the major price difference between the Killdeer vs the Holiday but they seem comparable. Any thoughts?

As far as I can tell, the Holiday hasn't been available yet. Perhaps someone has gotten one pre-production, but I've been watching XOP's website like a hawk and emailed XOP asking "when?".

That XOP Holiday looks like it’ll be my next harness. Same features as my black diamond but far more streamlined for hunting and lighterweight….. oh, and $300 less than the new LWCG one I was actually considering.

archp625

WKR
As far as I can tell, the Holiday hasn't been available yet. Perhaps someone has gotten one pre-production, but I've been watching XOP's website like a hawk and emailed XOP asking "when?".
I emailed them a month and a half ago and they said the medium will be available at the end of August. That has come and gone. I'm wondering what is going on. My mind wonders, but don't want to spread rumors.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I emailed them a month and a half ago and they said the medium will be available at the end of August. That has come and gone. I'm wondering what is going on. My mind wonders, but don't want to spread rumors.

I'm sure they were expected. Being produced by someone else, XOP likely has no control over anything but ordering and paying. They'll get it when they get it I guess...or they guess. I would like to try one.

archp625

WKR
I'm sure they were expected. Being produced by someone else, XOP likely has no control over anything but ordering and paying. They'll get it when they get it I guess...or they guess. I would like to try one.
Oh for sure. I'm not knocking them at all. I plan on ordering as soon as they sit their website. I wish they would do a presale so I wouldn't have to go on their sight every day.

I emailed xop earlier last week and they said they are expecting a shipment to arrive later last week which possibly came or maybe did not but it’s not showing available yet. So hopefully this week, keep an eye out. We shall see.