Hard case for rifle and bow

krohboy

WKR
I've been researching but coming up short. Anybody know of an airline approved hard case that could fit both a bowtech prodigy and a tikka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could fit a rifle and bow in my Skb double but my rifle has to lay in there corner to corner due to lenght. Not much else would fit. I've never flown with both in there I just take one or the other and fill it to wieght limit with other stuff

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
krohboy

krohboy

WKR
Would you feel comfortable with both in the double or is it too tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They'll both fit fine but the rifle being at a angle uses most of that side space. The double foam divider is fairly thick too but even using that both should fit with no problem. Not much of anything else would fit though

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've flown a doze trips with mine and the airlines hasn't damaged it yet. My hunting partner did get the shell broken on his on a flight from St Louis to salt lake though. No damage to his bow thankfully. He called Skb and they sent out a new one for his trip home and I also believe they have some sort of damage coverage with thier products. Give them a call we've had great CS from them

charvey9

WKR
Check the SKB site. They should have a fit guide on there somewhere.

I have a 2SKB-4119 when traveling with just my bow. It has fit every Hoyt parallel limb bow I've owned, and no need to take of the sight or the stabilizer. I use it for an every day case as well as airline travel.

I also have a 2SKB-5014, which is their largest "quad rifle" case, bunk bed style. I can fit my rifle and bow in there no problem, but have to take my sight and stabilzer off the bow.

You could always remove the barrel/action from the stock to shorten up length. Just pack along a torque wrench.

Model

Model:SB-5014
DescriptionCombination Bow / Rifle
Dimensions50" x 11" x 14"
Weight29 lbs.
Price$385.00