Hanwag sizing question

Riplip

WKR
Hanwag boot users, have you found the boots run true to size? I just got a pair of Cheyennes and they are ridiculously comfortable and solid. Normally wear a 9 and got the uk 8.5. Feel like there is a bit too much length in the toe box.

jmez

WKR
Buddy of mine got a pair and his are big as well. His foot moves around quite a bit in them.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My feet in the Hanwag Alaskans seem to be perfect as I have atleast a couple hundred miles in them this year. However, the same size in the Mountain Lights from them seem a bit roomy, but I haven't logged much time in them.

I measured the insole on the boots I was wearing, I felt they fit great. When I talked with Lathrop and Son's on the phone, Steven had suggested the size for me. I bought them without reservation and I can't tell you how nice it is to be wearing these boots! They are easily the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I usually wear a size 9, but he recommended a UK 8.5 which is a 9.5 US... They fit great, hell, they fit better than great!

I am glad that I got them shipped over here to Afghanistan though, cause I feel they need to be broken in a little bit. After about 2 weeks of wearing them every day I think they are perfect now. Should be great for the hills when I get home!

OP
Riplip

Riplip

WKR
The boots seem to fit great everywhere, except that there is a bit of extra room in toe length. Trying to decide if I want to go with 8 or 8.5 UK. How do you guys determine what the best fit is? Obviously dont want to short for down hill stints. thanks

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
riplip,

I can't say enough how great it was working with the Lathrops. I would recommend going all-out on their top package. Yep, it is expensive, but when you do the tracings and photos, they get you the right size.

I usually wear a U.S. 8.5 to 9, but after sending in the tracings and photos, I ended up getting the UK 7.5s, and the fit is perfect. My experience with Lathrop and Sons was great from start to finish, and my next pair of boots are coming from them also.

Boots are more important than any of the other gear we obsess about here on Rokslide. If your feet can't go ... you can't go.