Hanging shoulder mounts on an angled wall?

Looking for options to hang mounts on an angled wall, I could obviously cut a chunk of wood to make a flat surface, but does anyone know of any brackets that have adjustable angles for hanging shoulder mounts?

Our house is an A frame, and the framing of our house is exposed big rough cut redwood beams and I would like to use the beams for hanging some shoulder mounts, and I think a skull hooker type mounting system would have a cleaner look, but their shoulder mount brackets are not adjustable for angles like their euro hangers are… anyone have any ideas? I just picked up my wife’s buck yesterday and all of my mounts are at our other house, and want to move some here.

Very few usable flat angles in our house on the ground floor

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Hire a welder to weld you up something easy. You can always treat the steel with an oxidizing solution to get it to rust a little. Or bring it somewhere to have it powder coated in a color you like. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

pirogue

WKR
You’re also looking at a little extra protrusion from the wall, so the antler tips don’t hit, right?

JeffP_Or

WKR
Instead of shimming between the skull hooker base plate and the wall, could you shim between the skull hooker mounting plate and the shoulder mounts base? You'd need some longer fasteners to pass from the mounting plat, through the angled shim and into the mounts back plate but seems possible depending on the depth of angle.

Alternative would be to look at their XXL Bone Bracket and modify/beef that up? At some point though, fabricating one specific for your needs might be the best approach as suggested.

OP
roosiebull
My other idea/option is the “trophy tree” style display, which I would probably make myself rather than a metal pre made version. Would be kinda cool to cut a 4ish” alder that’s all trashed by a bull and use that as the “tree” part, or a twisted madrone. I could make room for a couple of those in our front room. Have a 15-20’ butt section of a big myrtle in my backyard that I could slab for the base. It’s 40” at the butt, and about 30” at the top of it, I cut the rest for firewood and can’t bring myself to burn the rest, it’s beautiful wood

Last edited: