Handy Construction Tip

cnelk

WKR
There’s lots of guys on Rokslide that do construction work, either for themselves or others.

Here’s a handy tip I use to install concrete anchors.
After drilling the hole in the concrete, (don’t bang the anchors in with a hammer!) switch your hammer drill to the ‘hammer only’ setting on your drill, and down they go.

Easy peasy!

Anyone else have any construction tips to share?

KsRancher

WKR
Probably not a "tip" to construction guys. But my BIL was helping me do some work and I was trying to find a stud to fasten closet shelves and rods to. He pulled out a couple magnets and slid them around the wall until they stuck to the drywall screws above and below where I was wanting to put the shelves.

SWOHTR

WKR
For wall layout of hanging/fastening things to walls, I always use blue painters tape and draw/write on it with a pen. No more guessing or putting too many holes in all over the place. Also, the magnet stud finder trick.

Additionally, your combination square probably has a scribe hidden in it. Look for a knurled handle.

The tip of your tape measure is loose on purpose. It moves a distance equal to its width, to make it consistent with measuring in or outside corners.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Here’s an old time construction trick with your tape measure.
Did you know you tell your age with your tape measure?

For you old guys, It works on both side of the tape! ;)

Last edited: