Hammock Gear 30% off

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Expired at 2400 April 30
Hammock Gear has a 30% off sale sitewide with a few exclusions. Quilts, Hammocks, Tarps and the such. I have zero experience with the brand but it appears to be solid equipment based on reviews and comments. USA made in Ohio. I'm giving them a try.

Last edited:

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
The pricing is odd; the Burro quilt looks to be $249 base price, but I'm unable to build one for that. It's like choosing the color fabric you want adds cost, and there's no way to choose a color for the base price?

OP
H

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
The pricing is odd; the Burro quilt looks to be $249 base price, but I'm unable to build one for that. It's like choosing the color fabric you want adds cost, and there's no way to choose a color for the base price?
That is odd. I can put the Burro quilt "standard 20 degree black/black standard length and width 850 fill" in my cart. The total is $237 free shipping and no tax. Normal price of $339.

Xerute

FNG
It's because they are not selling any premade right now for some reason, they are all custom. Premade ones are cheaper.

Xerute

FNG
That is odd. I can put the Burro quilt "standard 20 degree black/black standard length and width 850 fill" in my cart. The total is $237 free shipping and no tax. Normal price of $339.
The price starts with the smallest 40 degree quilt that are premade. Every option you select it goes up in cost, 40 degree to 20 degree is more, slim to standard is more, short to standard is more, etc... But for a 20 degree quilt $237 dollars is the cheapest on the market and it is good quality. Have had mine for 3 years now and it's still like new. The only other quilt that is of the quality and around the price is the Enigma Apex but it is synthetic so it is heavier and doesn't pack as well.

How would this compare to enlightened equipment quilts? The 10° Burrow UL wide and medium length is $475. 😳

Xerute

FNG
How would this compare to enlightened equipment quilts? The 10° Burrow UL wide and medium length is $475. 😳
I don't have an EE quilt but from the research I did and talking to people who tested both the concensus seems to be EE is better overall but the HG is better bang for buck. I think you are shaving a couple ounces and getting a marginally better or same build quality and a much higher price tag