Half way there!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using the calendar year as a goal for the number of miles I hope to rack up; ie for this year 2024 miles on the trails (or off the trail :)).

I've been doing this for roughly the last ten years; the first three to four years was when I was still trail running. I don't trail run anymore, but pretty much substituted hiking for running—it's doable, just takes a little longer in the day.

Knock on wood, I've been able to hit the goal for the 10-ish years I've been doing it and today I hit the halfway mark (1012 miles), so I'm on track thus far. The majority of miles are my daily hikes on our single track trails near town (we're blessed with a 100+ single track trails near or in town), but I try to sprinkle in some longer hikes in the nearby mountains as day hikes or backpacking trips. Hunting season months typically are on the higher end as I'm retired and able to take advantage of our long seasons with a lot of time afield.

My wife will sometimes join me, as well as my faithful dog (Tiny Elvis) for many of the miles

Just a 1012 miles to go :ROFLMAO:

lM9Pago.jpg

iPBHlYq.jpg

1WAh65J.jpg

AKDoc

WKR
Very well done, sir!

And…you got some miles in the Alaska Brook’s Range last year on your sheep hunt!

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Gents!

For a little guy he’s pretty tough :)