Half sizes above 12?

Cheaha

FNG
What's the deal with US boot companies (and shoe companies too) who decided it is not necessary to offer half sizes past size 12? It's not like once a foot grows larger than a size 12 half sizes are no longer needed. I buy Italian boots because of this as I wear a 12.5 (46.5 European) but it sure would be nice if I could find some domestic boots. Sheesh...

OP
C

Cheaha

FNG
I would like to try some Crispis but no one around here sells them. I would have to order them and then ship them back if they don't work out. Too much hassle when I know a 46.5 would fit. It drives me nuts.

I'm a 12.5, but I wear 13s. My foot is also wide, so it makes it even more frustrating to find a good fit. I'm surprised you like Italian shoes- they tend to run narrow in my experience. If you're looking for good boots, here's what I've got. None of these are domestic, but for backcountry hunting boots, I absolutely love my Lowa Camino GTX (Germany). My rubber boots are Le Chameau Chasseur (France). And my "nicer" wet weather boots are Dubarry Galways (Ireland).

For snake boots, I do have a domestic pair. Chippewa Brome (I believe are made in the USA) and Rocky Retraction (probably Chinese, quality isn't that great).

CCH

WKR
I'm a 12.5ish. I can fit in some 12s that run big, but have never been able to handle the volume of 13s. Crispis have been one of the best fits for me in boots. Casual shoes are the bigger pain in the ass. I have found stuff, mostly European, on Sierra Trading Post.

josef

FNG
Just bought some 12.5 schnees beartooths today. It’s definitely a pain in the ass finding half sizes above 12.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
I struggle with double wide. Most companies don't even offer single wide, so I go up two sizes on normal boots.

We're not the target market, I guess

I should wear a 13.5 but usually get 14. I also have low volume with narrow heels. Sometimes I get narrow (B) width or need to add thicker insoles to take up some of the volume. I had a pair of Kenetrek fire boots in 14 but they were too big. I swapped them for 13s. Width was better but length is a tad short. I picked up a pair of Kenetrek Mtn Extreme is 14 narrow and they fit great. Too bad the fire boots aren't offered in narrows.
I have started trying Scarpas for light hikers. They use the Euro sizing, which gives more sizes for the same range. A Euro size difference is about 1/4" while US size is 1/3". Scarpa does 1/2 sizes to 47 and then switches to whole size 48-50.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Manufacturers started this a few decades ago. I wore a 12.5 all through high school and then around college years they all just stopped with half sizes above 12. Been wearing 13's ever since. All of my hunting boots are made in Italy. Great quality.

Lucky that 13's typically fit just right in hunting boots where a heavy sock is the norm. Some of the rubber boots would work better in 12.5 for me, but none are offered.

I just went through this. I contacted gohunt and they had free returns ( may only be if you are a member). They also had me measure my feet and give them the measurements and they recommended 5 pairs. I ordered them all and ended up with the Salewa repace (I think). They made them in 12.5 and they also recommended some that just fit a little big or small and was able to get 12 or 13. There advise was pretty spot on for me. I don’t like shipping things back but they made it pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of crispi lapponias also and they fit perfect in a 12.5. Would assume the rest of the line should fit true also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk